empty cabs, or different speakers?

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

dmcguitar

empty cabs, or different speakers?

Post by dmcguitar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am

Is it possible to by a Metro Amp guitar cabinet, that either has No speakers in it (so one could choose what to put in it) or, more specifically, would a cab be available with the EVH celestion speakers? If so, would there be any upcharge? The speakers sell for about the same as a Celestion V30, and the standard reissue greenbacks, and are much cheaper than the Heritage..
Thanks,
dmc
www.atomicfury.com

that's my band, Im the sole guitarist. Go ahead listen and tell me what you think.. of the band. or me.

-5150II
-custom (I made) 2x12 cab
-custom (I made) strat guitar
-Wayne strat

paulster
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: empty cabs, or different speakers?

Post by paulster » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:22 pm

If George doesn't sell them unloaded then you could always buy from Mojo as they are Mojo cabinets anyway (caveat: last time I checked).

dmcguitar

Post by dmcguitar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Cool, Looks like the cab can be ordered with alot of different tolex options, would their head cabinet be appropriate for a metro amp super lead kit? having a matching head / cab would be sweet. also is it possible to have the head case taken out of the 12 series kit, so i wouldn't be buying two?

Paul, you are referring to Mojo musical in North carolina right?

I hope these questions are ok to post here, not trying to take away business from George... I still want the amp kit from him :)
www.atomicfury.com

that's my band, Im the sole guitarist. Go ahead listen and tell me what you think.. of the band. or me.

-5150II
-Wayne strat

paulster
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by paulster » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:03 pm

dmcguitar wrote:Paul, you are referring to Mojo musical in North carolina right?
That's the one!

If you can get the options you want from George then I'd go this route first though as he deserves the business.

dmcguitar

Post by dmcguitar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:58 pm

I completely agree, I'd rather go through Metro, there is so much help and support here... but it's nice to know about the options if necessary.

Thanks again!

(i keep on coming back to the idea of building an amp... and last night after hot for teacher at the bar I got even more of an itch, and might move getting that brown sound to the top of my list) :)
www.atomicfury.com

-5150II
-Wayne strat

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Not my kind of music but this vid is pretty funny, Bro! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/user/alittleaintenuff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"