Who would like a Marshall 1959T chassis, panel and head cab?

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

neikeel

Who would like a Marshall 1959T chassis, panel and head cab?

Post by neikeel » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:59 am

George has enough interest to run some steel chassis based on the late 68/early 69 1959 amps already.

I think he should do a trem model so that all those that have been putting switches here, there and everywhere on their Metros can do it properly:

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4190

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29759

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29836

Or maybe people prefer the cool swiss cheese effect with all the extra ventilation :lol:
Neil

neikeel

Re: Who would like a Marshall 1959T chassis, panel and head cab?

Post by neikeel » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:52 am

Hmm. 37 views, no takers, I must have been wrong :oops:

Ok George I will carry on with my alloy chassis, got the bits thanks, and the the special string, thanks a lot 8)
Neil

Roe
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Roe » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 am

I'd like one but I've just bought and build a 1959
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

itsonlyadam

Post by itsonlyadam » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:19 am

neikeel wrote:George has enough interest to run some steel chassis based on the late 68/early 69 1959 amps already.
Wait, which one is that one? Is it the 100W chassis with the cans on top but utilizes a laydown PT?

Also, I definitely think a Super Trem would be awesome! Modder's paradise!
"Seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill."

6burgh

Post by 6burgh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Oh hell yeah, I just saw the thread Neil. Now what am I going to do with that extra space... hmmmm. :wink:

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Wait, which one is that one? Is it the 100W chassis with the cans on top but utilizes a laydown PT?
I'm Super Interested in this too. Like the 100W Master Volume Steel, punched out for Laydown PT, and correct On/Off, Standby, and Indicator vs. MV Dual Toggle thing.

I really want to build a SL/A with this chassis...

Sorry, not too familiar of the Super Trem arrangements so can't comment there.

Thanks for starting this Neikeel! I'll be watching this one...
dave

axeman

Post by axeman » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:01 pm

+1 but were would we find part # 2G374?

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:31 am

http://www.1sourcecomponents.com/partinfo/2G374.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Mars Hall

Post by Mars Hall » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 am

6burgh wrote:Oh hell yeah, I just saw the thread Neil. Now what am I going to do with that extra space... hmmmm. :wink:
I'm guessing NOT a tremelo. :lol:
"You just slide a bottle up and down til what you want out of it comes out. You just slide away at it til you've got it down." Duane Allman

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 am

Alright, my bad, I think I am mistaken on the subject here, cause I usually talk first and read later. :oops:

The Tremolo would have the two extra spots for Speed and Intensity on the face, so a larger front panel area, doh.

Neikeel, this thread you listed goes through all the options, and is the thread that brought me to this one:
[url]http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29836[/url]

I'd just love to build George's 12 Series with a steel chassis, caps on top w/laydown PT. Just wants me steel for some reason. I especially like the caps between the transformers on top.

And to re-iterate from George:
[quote]We can look into both PA and Trem chassis. But my impression so far is that a steel version of the standard front panel specs would be more in demand. Plus, it doesn't require us to make new front panels.
Maybe I'm mistaken though, why don't you guys note your preference here and we'll tally them up?[/quote]

When my funds catch up come build time, I might have to get a 100 Watt '67-'68 Era Steel Chassis and punch out for caps myself like frenchie said? :x

Otherwise, please put me on the official list for a hybrid of the 100 Watt '67-'68 and the 100 Watt '69 and up Chassis in Steel! :D
Attachments
THESteelChassis.jpg
(79.13 KiB) Downloaded 3046 times
dave

donbarzini

Post by donbarzini » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:37 pm

How about exactly as the '69 aluminum already is but in steel?

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:12 pm

How about exactly as the '69 aluminum already is but in steel?
+1
That's what I'm gettin' at. Laydown or no...

However, it still wouldn't suit the Tremolo arrangement, because of the extra two dials needed and unique spacing on the front.

How about, Neikeel said it best in the third linked thread above
Well the compromise would be a steel '68-'69spec amp (laydown PT with caps all up top).

The back could be drillled as above but supply templates for buyers to drill their own holes to either pattern (like SDM supplies for his loops)?
Makes the best sense because of the totally different front panel arrangements.
Heck if it's a standup or laydown PT on top. Seems like the standup would be easier off the shelf, and if one wanted, could punch for a laydown too.

Could amount to a lot of punchin' for the determined build! But, it's the STEEL man!
dave

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 am

Glad to see more interest in this.

I would use my front panel as:

Mains/Standby/Lamp/PPIMV/Presence/Bass/Middle/Treble/Pre-mv/1959 vol/Gain(push-pull) x4 inputs (use one as footswitch socket). To me seems a natural logical development for Metro.

Rear would be stock with holes for SDM loop (or template supplied. Looks like this loop is getting universally adopted by those of us that gig these things so a plexi panel with the send/return and switch positions marked might be a good idea or a kit of the transparent decals that George puts on his own builds?

Looks like Rockstah is doing similar with his (although only long range pic on his site at the moment).
Neil

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:02 am

neikeel wrote:Glad to see more interest in this.

Mains/Standby/Lamp/PPIMV/Presence/Bass/Middle/Treble/Pre-mv/1959 vol/Gain(push-pull) x4 inputs (use one as footswitch socket). To me seems a natural logical development for Metro.

Rear would be stock with holes for SDM loop (or template supplied. Looks like this loop is getting universally adopted by those of us that gig these things so a plexi panel with the send/return and switch positions marked might be a good idea or a kit of the transparent decals that George puts on his own builds?

Looks like Rockstah is doing similar with his (although only long range pic on his site at the moment).
Hmm, I'm coming round to the idea of this for a build myself. Only trouble is, I'm too much of a girl to go for a 100watter. :lol: (Or am I just too damned tight to spend on four tubes at a time!!! :wink: )
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:15 pm

demonufo wrote:
neikeel wrote:Glad to see more interest in this.

Hmm, I'm coming round to the idea of this for a build myself. Only trouble is, I'm too much of a girl to go for a 100watter. :lol: (Or am I just too damned tight to spend on four tubes at a time!!! :wink: )
That is wha the volume knobs are for, and as for the cash aspect.................... :lol:
Neil