The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Post by VelvetGeorge » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 am

First Monday of 2011, fired up and ready to kick ass this year. What a difference the date makes, right?!

Transformers are now available direct from Heyboer! We worked out the details and will give this a shot, hopefully it will work out and keep these parts available for everyone. Details and ordering info here:

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... 20#p334520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

MacGaden
Wiki Editor
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by MacGaden » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:10 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote:First Monday of 2011, fired up and ready to kick ass this year. What a difference the date makes, right?!

Transformers are now available direct from Heyboer! We worked out the details and will give this a shot, hopefully it will work out and keep these parts available for everyone. Details and ordering info here:

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... 20#p334520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

george
Great News! I hope the rest of 2011 goes as well for you. Hang on to the feeling...
MacG.

"Play it right, Dad ! No More Dwiddely Dwiddely !
My son Adam at 3 years old. Best advice I ever got..

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Also great to see that Brian Wallace is now selling some parts on his site:

http://wallaceamps.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's taking requests for items you need, so contact him. Great guy, buy without worry.

george

Mars Hall

Post by Mars Hall » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks George! We all know, it's all about the iron.
"You just slide a bottle up and down til what you want out of it comes out. You just slide away at it til you've got it down." Duane Allman

AJW

Post by AJW » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:22 pm

That is great news! :thumbsup:

Happy New Year!!!

swankmotee

Post by swankmotee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:19 pm

You still going to have some heads for me to take down to Dallas this year right?

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

I still have all the Metropoulos amps. Let me know that dates on Dallas and I'll make sure you have them.

george

Roe

Post by Roe » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:35 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote:First Monday of 2011, fired up and ready to kick ass this year. What a difference the date makes, right?!

george
chokes would be great too, esp. the 352-114 :D
Last edited by Roe on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:40 pm

I'll see what I can do. 352-114 will be tough because the brackets are imported from the UK. We can look for a domestic bracket with the same mounting specs.

george

Strat78

Post by Strat78 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:28 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote:I'll see what I can do. 352-114 will be tough because the brackets are imported from the UK. We can look for a domestic bracket with the same mounting specs.

george
I would be interested in a couple of these chokes as well. :thumbsup: Thanks again George for the 68 chassis event! :D

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:18 am

I'll be needing a few chokes as well. Just let us know what transpires.

Yeah, thanks for the 12000 chassis extravaganza the other day. It was like feeding "pepperoni to Piranha".
12000 Metro Kit

chameleon

Post by chameleon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 pm

I didn't read this topic before... I hope you're feeling better George and I wish you all the luck in your new life. We're going to miss your kits, they are the best in the world, but your life, your health and family is much more important.

:rockon:
chameleon

passerby3141

Post by passerby3141 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh man, I didn't realize what was up, I posted a comment about the store on the beginners forum (I haven't been here in a long time). Hope the amps hold strong for you, wish I could afford one, but I'm going through a divorce myself.

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:07 pm

I just found out this morning from a post on the Malmsteen forum of all places about the developments with Metro Amp and more importantly George and his family...
Since I first stumbled upon this magnificent forum and all the generous and friendly members, I have found my rock in this mostly insane world here.
This is the Valhalla for Marshall lovers and George singlehandedly has done more to celebrate vintage Marshalls by his kits and builds and is one of the nicest, most genuine and kindest people I have ever met and I was fortunate enough to meet him in person, even though my own personal issues and health related stuff kind of drags me down, the sight and sound of the mighty Metro Amps made everything ok.
It is better to be good than lucky and I am confident things will turn around for George.
I personally have reccomended Metro Amps and defended them for years all over the internet, because to believe in a person, their integrity, resolve of purpose and tireless dedication to the purity of the essence of what we love is something that has been most important to me.
I feel this is an appropriate time for me to give personal example of how kind, considerate and caring George really is.
Back when I went on my quest to relive my vintage Marshall plexi glory by buying into the Marshall Handwired 1959 head and cabinets, it was in my dissapointment with them that I found Metro Amp.
George was genuinely concerned over my not obtaining the old tones I was used to. And that he was interested in my old story of living in London and visiting and buying my first stack from Jim Marshall's Ealing Broadway retail shop.
He offered to mod my amp without any payment, with his killer upgrades for the 1969 circuit and turned it around quickly and shipped it back to me on his dime, and even personally called me to ask how I liked it.
There was the promise of repayment to him that sadly I neglected for quite some time and which I eventually settled, but I have made many mistakes in my life and not repaying George in appropriate time is one of them.

George even took my amp back to the shop twice to 'fix' what turned out to be my electrical gremlins in my house, not any manifest problem with the amp itself at all. He even sent me his flight case from the fabled JTM 45/100 to protect my amp on it's way to Flint...
I share this, as I always wanted to tell about this publicly but did not want George to be taken advantage of any more than I had unwilling done.
George continued to maintain contact with me, promised to keep me on the forum when I was threatened with expulsion (not by George) and shared many personal details of his life to me through PM's, which always meant a lot to me.
My brother, who was recently remarried this past summer, went through a divorce with three older children then George's, and he has been married for nearly 18 years or so.My brother is seven years younger than me, and the only child in our family to have any children, my wife has had three and had uterine cancer before I met her and my sister had decided not to have children.
George and Metro have always been in my prayers and I am glad the holidays were happy for him and the children.
That Plexi Replicas is continuing is great news as these amps are works of art and the finest amps built today..period.
Thanks George for all you have given of yourself at great personal and physical cost, to create a whole wonderland for the vintage Marshall lover, you made a believer of me again, it was like being born again to the real Marshall's, seriously!
You have never let anyone down and are harder on yourself than anyone else, but I am familar with that feeling as any success I have obtained, I thought I could always have done better.
Your family is first, I am sorry your life has taken this turn, kudos to Dave for helping so long and to all the Metro family thanks for your advice and support.
Hoping that all will heal in 2011..
I am eternally greatful for the generosity shown to me and long live Metropoulos Amps.
George, you are the best..
Dave
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leader

Post by Leader » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm not one of the best customers to Metroamp but I love my JTM45 kit. I play it all the time. I run a Marshall DSL50 and my Metro JTM45 next to it. I only have the one Metro but as many others I always say, "one of these days I would love to build a _______". I needed to get some tubes and gaze in awe at the amazing kits George has offered us over the years then I come accross this post.

George you are true to your passion. You gave it a shot which is more than most people acomplish. At least I can say I got in on one of your amazing kits. All the best to you and your own. Hope to see things back up. I will still stop by metroamp.com from time to time.