The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

novosibir
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Post by novosibir » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Yep, this really sounds good! :D

George - I wish you and yours a Happy New Year!

Larry
The fault almost always is sitting in front of the amp :wink:

Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery

cole
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by cole » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:22 pm

George,

I wish you a great 2011! I remember reading that Jim Marshall had to run a clothing shop at some point just to keep the business running through difficult times.

Listen, your products are great. You have the stuff it takes to make it a success. You have the passion and big ears and you know what makes a great amp great.

We will be seeing much more of you in 2011.

Cole
Les Paul Classic, Les Paul Standard Faded, Fender American Strat
Jackson Custom Shop Strat s/n 1226
JMP 2203, JCM 800 2205, Metro JTM 45
Metropoulos '68 12 Series s/n 12026
Marshall 1960 A/B 4 X 12's

shakti

Post by shakti » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Wonderful news, George! If you can fulfill our chassis needs, we are soooo much closer, and it would keep the Metroamp name still going.

Happy New Year!
JTM45 RS OT, 1973 18W, JTM45/100, JTM50, JMP50 1986, JMP100 "West Coast", AC15, AC30, BF Super Reverb, Boogie Mk 1, Hiwatt CP103, DR103

6burgh

Post by 6burgh » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:41 pm

George, this is fantastic news for us all. Any of those hard to source parts would be outstanding... we will all take whatever we can get to support Metro. And on that note, another beautiful and perfectly packaged 100w kit arrived on my doorstep. Best xmas present this year. Thanks!

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Good to hear that news! George I wish you'll have a lot of time to spend with your kids in 2011!

All the best and good new year to all of you guys.

Daniel

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Wow, that's Awesome to hear, George! Great to see that Metro spec products/parts will not burn out (pun intended), or fade away! And thanks Dave for the extra support!

And more than that, keep that greatness with the kids!!! THEY ARE the Energy Source, and the Good Luck Charms. I know mine is.

Happy New Year and My Best to Metro!
dave

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm working on some ways to get you guys the stuff you want. Dave has taken inventory of some items we have here, like '68 chassis, and we will sell off what we have soon. It also looks like I can make Metroamp transformers available directly from Heyboer. They have been incredibly understanding and supportive through all of this. We just have to finalize the details and I'll post an announcement with info on how to order. It's a far cry from everything I'm getting requests for, but a start in the right direction. Thanks everyone! george
I hope they're giving you a cut per piece sold, since your good name is selling the trannys for them (Heyboer) :D
Thanks for your dedication to your devotees!

As one who obtained a '68 steel chassis, your trannys & plexi faceplates while the gettin' was still good, I found the quest for the remaining parts to be a good learning experience & I still consider my amp a Metro. I think if these basic parts are available somewhere, we're all still in good shape and don't need to be spoon-fed...

I love my Mojo Musical Supply plexi head-cab & the Sozo Royal '67 cans, Brian's turretboards, & the NOS Mullard mustard caps ($ouch!$) and Lemcos I found on eBay. It should look like one of your builds by the time I get it done. Thanks again for everything, Man! :thumbsup:

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm getting a list together of what I have here. I'll start liquidating stuff in the business classified section.

Watch for a 100 watt master volume amp, a 45 Metroamp kit assembled, a handful of '68 steel chassis to start.

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

shakti

Post by shakti » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Here's hoping you'll have a few 50w chassis as well... 8)
JTM45 RS OT, 1973 18W, JTM45/100, JTM50, JMP50 1986, JMP100 "West Coast", AC15, AC30, BF Super Reverb, Boogie Mk 1, Hiwatt CP103, DR103

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:26 pm

Hey George, haven't been around for awhile but man I'm so sorry to hear about Metro and the family issues. Metro really became like a second home to me after I outgrew the 18watt forum and the community you've fostered over the years has grown exponentially since then into one of the "go to" Marshall resources on the web. It was even more fun getting to hang while you were up in NJ., some memories I won't forget! :mrgreen: Even if things didn't quite work out the way you wanted, at least you gave it a shot...you may have done some things that worked and some things that didn't but that's part of it....learning from the mistakes. Here's hoping for a positive 2011!

—Pete

fillmore nyc

Post by fillmore nyc » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:34 am

George, this is the first time I've seen this thread. Man, Im SO sorry to hear about this turn of events for you. Dave had told me a bit about what was going on, and how he believed in MetroAmp so much... that sentiment was echoed LOUDLY by Jim as well. After all the help you guys gave me with my 50 watt kit, so do I. I mean, right up to the end, these guys bent over backwards to "make things right" and I want you to know how much I appreciate it.

I send out my most sincere and heartfelt prayers for you and your family for the New Year.

raunch

Post by raunch » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi,

I also just wanted to say thank you to George (and everyone that supported Metroamps in some way or other) for giving this idea a shot. I'm very proud to have bought an amp kit, although I only managed to buy one. I sincerely hope you've learnt a lot from this experience as much as possible.

My personal Metroamp story was that I ended up going through a nasty separation as well. My ex never wanted me to buy a kit and didn't believe that I, without any prior knowledge, could build one. So after we broke up, I eventually decided to buy one. It arrived and I had to take the train to the airport customs office to pick it up. I lugged the parts all across town, no car, no taxi, nothing. And on the way back in the train I looked out the window and saw my ex standing there waiting for the exact train I was in! She never saw me, but ever since that day I know when I look at my amp it was all worth while.

Life is sometimes a lesson of letting go. Letting go of businesses, of love, of friends, of jobs. And you need to let go to get something new.

George, thanks for giving it your best shot. You touched many more people than you think. All the best for the future! Most people dream about doing what you did, but never dare to...

Alex
- Metroamp 100W '69 Plexi, slowing turning into a tweaked '68 Dutch Treat
- BYOC Phaser

fillmore nyc

Post by fillmore nyc » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:32 pm

raunch wrote:Life is sometimes a lesson of letting go. Letting go of businesses, of love, of friends, of jobs. And you need to let go to get something new.
Alex
Thats a great sentiment, Alex... thanks for posting that!!
:thumbsup:

Star*Guitar

Post by Star*Guitar » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:53 am

fillmore nyc wrote:
raunch wrote:Life is sometimes a lesson of letting go. Letting go of businesses, of love, of friends, of jobs. And you need to let go to get something new.
Alex
Thats a great sentiment, Alex... thanks for posting that!!
:thumbsup:

I think that is the best quote I've seen in some time. It helps a lot for me also.. I am going through a complicated and difficult time right now too. Thank you! Those words were an inspiration. Well said!!
Star*Guitar

basisfunction

Post by basisfunction » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Checking in after awhile; I almost never check the Metroamp store subforum so I wandered around until I hit the bombshell. Thanks for all of the years of great service and products that bring so much artistic fulfillment. All the best to you and your family. I pray that your added attention to the other business aspects will be profitable and fruitful!

Sam
-----------------
Metro '69 100W
Metro JTM45/100
Metro 100W 12000 Era