JTM45... best Trannies ???

All about iron and copper.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

antosimoni
Just the numbers in order: 7

JTM45... best Trannies ???

Post by antosimoni » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:46 pm

whats the best out there to have a perfect replica of a JTM45 ?? I cant decide between Marstran, C****m and Heyboer so if you can share your exp guys...
thanks a lot
in loudspeakers we trust

soundguruman

Re: JTM45... best Trannies ???

Post by soundguruman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 pm

If you want a perfect replica, then buy a Marshall transformer. What makes you think that somebody other than Marshall can make a better replica? There's nothing more original than original.

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:28 pm

antosimoni wrote:whats the best out there to have a perfect replica of a JTM45 ?? I cant decide between Marstran, C****m and Heyboer so if you can share your exp guys...
thanks a lot
A Marstran PT will give you a spot on proper plate voltage, and it looks great with the lugs as opposed to the flying leads.
As far as the OT, never have tried the Marstran, but George's Heyboer spec sounds absolutely killer.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 pm

soundguruman wrote:If you want a perfect replica, then buy a Marshall transformer. What makes you think that somebody other than Marshall can make a better replica? There's nothing more original than original.
Marshall never made transformers. Their suppliers repro's are not like the originals. (Drake and Dagnall)
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:26 am

George's heyboar's are great. I hear great things about Marstran as well, and I know M e r r e n 's 50 watt OT's are the balls.

can't go wrong either way.
I'm using george's JTM iron and am quite pleased.

Marshall

1) don't sell trannies
2) the RI's ....arent
Metroamp kit JMP50 - CM OT
Metroamp JTM45 turned JMP50 w/Classictone OT
Marshall 2550 Jubilee