Classictone crossover chart?

All about iron and copper.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Peeps
Just the numbers in order: 7

Classictone crossover chart?

Post by Peeps » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Does anyone have or know where to get a crossover chart that will show the wiring for the classictone PT and OT and Choke?....... I'm trying to cross it over to the metro 50 watt kit, thank you.

johniss0001
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Classictone crossover chart?

Post by johniss0001 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm

get the layouts for george's transformers and trace where they go to on the board, and download the diagrams for the classic tone transformers off the classic tone website or triode.

the output transformer is straight forward center tap always goes to the main filter with the choke, your primarys on your ot go to pin 3 on valve bases now be warned you may get these round the wrong way if that happens just switch em round! The common on your output transformer goes to your negative on your speaker jack as it's grounded. 4,8,16 ohm taps go to the taps on the selector. also your negative feedback wire goes to the 16ohm tap if i mind right.

Don't worry too much about the choke so long as 1 lead goes to the main filter and the other goes to the same place as on george's layout.

Power trans is fairly straight forward. wire the taps to the places if you need help please ask.

I love classic tone iron joe is on the forum here and he's a true gentleman!
John Ross

Respect the FATHER OF LOUD Jim Marshall