****** Audio 2" Drake OT color codes? MightyMike?

All about iron and copper.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

joshwilson3

Post by joshwilson3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:22 am

awangotango wrote:I should add... I went on a OT tranny buying spree lately and have 5, and only 2 amps to build, so some tough choices had to be made. It's funny, when you try to sell something like this, or a greenback, or a pickup, alot of people maybe think it's a 'dud' or just not any good, why else would he be selling it? Well, that's so far from the truth. I think it's because alot of folks see tone and music as a competition, like on rockstar supernova or american idol and they seem to forget it's not a game anyone can win, it's about personal expression and one's personal expression is not the same as another, hence the term , 'personal' expression. This tranny is a great example. It's a rockin unit, but for me and my style, I found a better fit with George's 1.5 clone. I've got alot of anger and tension in my playing as it is and the drake is such a mean tough sound (think early angus/malcolm) that when combined with my own qualities, it's a bit too much and liable to scare women and children. I guess i need an OT that's a little softer and less chest-thumping. Chris mentions that this tranny has alot of low mids and if you ask me it has alot of low,low mids, to me i call it low end. And my tone preference right now is in the vein of EVH/zep II which has virtually no low end, it's chopped right off and it's mostly mid saturation, so that is why this tranny was sold, not because it's a 'dog', just that it doesn't help me express what I want to express, simple as that. But then again, i'm only 35, ten years from now i will likely be ready for this kind of tone and hopefully, Chris will still be windin'.
Did you try one of ****** (Merrem) 1.5" trannys? Even George's 2" clone will sound different than the 1.5" George clone you put in.