Question about Seymour Duncan Pickups

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Guitar Adjuster

Question about Seymour Duncan Pickups

Post by Guitar Adjuster » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:02 am

Has anyone ever tried the SD Antiquity humbuckers? How do they sound, say compared to WCR or some of the other "PAF" type customs?

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:31 pm

I put a set of Tele Antiquities in a Highway 1 Tele. I like 'em alot. I would say they're a bit less gainy than whatever the hell is in the Highway 1 stock, but very definitely more open, wider frequency range. Like someone took the blanket off the cab. I did also do a Musicap from RS guitars at the same time. So there might be something there as well.
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

JD

Post by JD » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:48 pm

I has a set of Antiquity humbuckers years ago when they came out and I have to say it was one of the best vintage PAF clone pickups I'd ever played. I A-B'd them with a set of Seth Lovers and went with the Seth Lovers, just because they had a bit more of a nasally honk to them than the Antiquities (and I don't really care for the "artificial aging"). It was kinda like a '57 CLassic vs. a BurstBucker, very close but just a bit different.

Ruben

Post by Ruben » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:39 pm

Absolute GREAT pickups!

Have been playing them for years and are IMHO the best replica PAF's.

winnard

Re: Question about Seymour Duncan Pickups

Post by winnard » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:50 pm

Guitar Adjuster wrote:Has anyone ever tried the SD Antiquity humbuckers? How do they sound, say compared to WCR or some of the other "PAF" type customs?
I just put one in the neck of my Les Paul Standard, and all I can say is WOW!!!! Instant clarity, and chime that I never had with the stock pickup. Not muddy, and it growls when turned up. I'm pairing it with a SD Pearly Gates in the bridge, they go pretty good together.

winnard