Heads up strap for neck heavy guitars

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Heads up strap for neck heavy guitars

Post by NY Chief » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:32 pm

I just tried one of these starps on my firebird. It works like fukin charm. I can actully let go and the the headstock dosen't take a dive straight to the floor. GREAT idea.

http://www.headsupstrap.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Heads up strap for neck heavy guitars

Post by JimiJames » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeah, but, what happens when you do the splits ? :P

Now why the f@kk would I make it even more heavy ! ? Young or old. Sorry Chief, just plane ole stupid to me... :roll:

Plus theose radioactive lead filled wieghts would screw with my feedback and add extra buzzing when the spot light shines on it yeah....and really gets bad when I stand on one leg... :lol:
Now if they came out with a forced air cooled neck vented doubled as a beer cooler/holder, I'd buy that ?

I also suggest seeling off any invested shares :P :hide:
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:32 pm

well, you don't EAT the lead, JJ! :palm: It's not like the paint chips we had as kids :o Funny, though they do add the disclaimer to wash your hands after handling (and before peeing.... :shock: )

I thought the same thing about added weight but it seems to act like a counterweight. I think the balance though heavier might be easier on the back and neck. Whatever the physics it sure is nice not to have that headstock dive STRAIGHT to the floor as soon as you let go.
Last edited by NY Chief on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

fillmore nyc
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by fillmore nyc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:58 pm

NY Chief wrote:I just tried one of these starps on my firebird. It works like fukin charm. I can actully let go and the the headstock dosen't take a dive straight to the floor. GREAT idea.
NY Chief wrote:I thought the same thing about added weight but it seems to act like counterweight. I think the balance thought heavier might be easier on the back and neck. Whatever the physics it sure is nice not to have that headstock dive STRAIGHT to the flor as soon as you let go.
Ahhhh, CAMMMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even while Im trying to relax in Fla, you guys GOTTA say shit to provoke me.

Along with the purchase price of a Firebird comes NECK HEAVINESS, BUSTED HEADSTOCKS AND BACK PAIN!!!! Its part of the deal, man!!!
A Heads Up strap to make a Firebird more user friendly... A FIREBIRD!!! Its the least user friendly guitar EVER!!
Ohhh, the humanity... whats this world coming to?? Where did all my MEN go?? To the Guacamole bar??? TO J.C. PENNEYS WITH THEIR WIVES FOR NEW BED SHEETS???!!!
:?

THIS IS LIKE PUTTING RUNNING BOARDS AND APE HANGERS ON A DUCATI!!!!!

If ya back hurts, or the Bird is doing stage dives mid song, that just means its partyin' with the band... love it for what it is, OR GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!

Now excuse me while I make an appointment with my chiropractor... My Firebirds are the biggest bunch of fucking backbreaking nut-busting, head heavy guitars EVER... and except for one, EVERY original FB I've owned had a broken headstock. So Im gonna check that strap out for sure. Being the Bird fanatic that I am, I HADDA make it sound good so I come out smellin' like roses.
:oops:
:lol:

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:58 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I KNEW my man fill was going to have an opinion on this one! :wink:

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

leadguy