Shielding question for a Frank build...?

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Berlin
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Shielding question for a Frank build...?

Post by Berlin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:17 pm

I have a '78 bare - Frank project im putting together. And I wanted to ask here how necessary it would be, if AT ALL, to shield a project like that- or if any one else has.
I have the stew Mac shielding paint... And also thought if I go the shielding route, to get the pick guard shielding foil, as well as use shielded push back wire for the other various connections between the jack and pot... Kinda cover the whole shielding kaboodle- :lol:
I don't know? - maybe too much shielding can be just that... Unnecessary and too much - :shrug:

Any suggestions on whether to even bother with shielding at all?- will be much appreciated! I don't want to do the copper foil either- I'd rather use the paint I have, if necessary.

Thank you :thumbsup:

Tone Slinger

Re: Shielding question for a Frank build...?

Post by Tone Slinger » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:21 am

I think it is a wise decision to to do a little extra as far as noise reduction goes. I have definately skimped on this but am going to rewire a couple guitars soon with this (shielding) in mind.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:43 pm

Thank you Andy!
:toast:

tikpar

Post by tikpar » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:32 am

why is my german shepherd so skinny? The underlying reason that your german shepherd is so skinny is that they're not getting enough calories. why is my german shepherd so skinny