mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Check out this Neck Jig /Stand

Post by mightymike » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:06 am

Necrovore
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Check out this Neck Jig /Stand

Post by Necrovore » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:43 am

Damn he wants a lot of money for that now. 10 years ago he had plans for it on his website for free. I know a couple of guys who use that same jig as well as the larger one Stewmac sells. They say its one of the best tech tools ever designed.

mightymike

Post by mightymike » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:19 am

It's ingenious, the way it simlates the tension of being stringed, and in the playing position. I'd like to check out that other model you mentioned. Got a link?

I'm reading one of Dan Erlewine's books right now, I'd like to find the different sized beveled straight edges he mentions For checking for high frets, and relief in Guitar Player Repair Guide: How to setup, Maintain, and repair Electrics and Accoustics.

I'm slowly but surely learning this stuff. I'd give a right tooth to become a master luthier. I'd like to even build that dreadnaught kit, if I aquire enough skilz.

I want to build some signature style guitars to showcase my signature style amps.

A first Album Vh Guitar, in Natural Finsh

A Hendrix style Strat for the JTM 45/100

A Les Paul like Jimmy with that cool switching. How versatile..

Then a Guitar for me. Hopefully by then, I'll have learned something and will know what I want in a guitar. I have a pretty good idea already.

45auto

Post by 45auto » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:16 pm

that's a good book. it has a nice strat trem setup method from one of the factory guys.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mightymike

Post by mightymike » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:14 pm

It says they put a capo on the first fret at the Fender Factory, and use the strings as the straight edge. Free up your hands and takes the nut out of the equation. He has a DVD that goes over almost everything in the book, but shows him doing it. I might get that too. I like the way he gives the specs and to set up of neck for Beck's, SRV's, Albert Collin's, and BB King's guitars.

Becks was really straight,, hardly no relief.
Stevie's had a little more, and had sheilding paint
in the body cavities.