"vintage" Fender

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

45auto

"vintage" Fender

Post by 45auto » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:47 am

it's going to get where you can't buy any vintage/antique stuff. people will be forging the stuff so effectively.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

worldoftone
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by worldoftone » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Exactly

- WOT

JD

Post by JD » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:28 pm

Of course they will. Most people have no idea that a HUGE percentage of "vintage" Fender Strats offered for sale are forgeries. There's so much accurate information published that every single detail can be copied. Let's face it, from a manufacturing perspective, a guitar is really a pretty simple item to produce.

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:17 pm

If you get enough info, pics and stuff together, you can still figure out the fakes. One dead giveaway is the trapezodal inlays on the fretboard...unless they raped an early 60's SG, of course, which is common. Then buying some PAF's, Centralab pots, and BumbleBee caps isn't hard, just costs money.

Of course, if you've got a talented luthier, the right fret board/inlays and the parts, passing off a recent built replica as a real LP burst will be a lot easier.

I'm glad I got my 68 Custom way back in the mid 70's, and my three early SG's from reputable sources, so I know they're right.

But I bet that early SG/LP's will be the next thing to rip off, besides Strats, 335's and Les Pauls.

Hell, the fake Marshall head business is already booming, right? Not that anyone featured in this thread would be guilty of that...right? :roll:
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:54 pm

JD wrote:Of course they will. Most people have no idea that a HUGE percentage of "vintage" Fender Strats offered for sale are forgeries. There's so much accurate information published that every single detail can be copied. Let's face it, from a manufacturing perspective, a guitar is really a pretty simple item to produce.
Yes indeed. More so with Fenders than Gibby's.
Swapable necks & bodies, pickguards.. bla bla blah. on and on and on.

Taking Good with the Bad.
Break a neck on your Tele, hey no prob, here's another...
Break a neck on your Jr. ..... You Idiot !

Serious buyers though rely on resourses. Homework is definitely the key if your spending GBP 189,500.00

JJ
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms