60 HZ filtering caps mounted on board at end by Fuse holders

Get support and show off your MetroAmp 50 Watt kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

harddriver

60 HZ filtering caps mounted on board at end by Fuse holders

Post by harddriver » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:44 am

Niekeel, George, anyone,
I have a 72 50 watt superlead with those addtional Sprague it looks off white smaller filtering caps on the end of the circuit board. The other has been replaced already I suspect it already blew up sometime in the past.

I noticed when working on it the other while biasing it up the off white sprague was humming noticeably almost crackling. I assumeit is still original. Main filter caps have alredy been replaced.

Amp works fine sounds great no extra 60 hz noise at all, but before this filter cap blows and loks like OdgeUK's 50 watter I would like to replace them both with something close to original.

What are the values on these caps here, I haven't pulled all the numbers off the sprague body yet? I know it has 60hz on it ina few places.

Here a pic:Image

rockstah
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by rockstah » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:19 am

looking at schematics those would be .22u caps
http://store.metroamp.com/product_info. ... cts_id=157

harddriver

Post by harddriver » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:58 am

Thanks Mark,
I just took a look myself and one schematic shows them and and another doesn't. You gotta love Jim Marshall's consistency huh!

I was kinda hoping for something close to stock but it looks like no one makes those in a axial aluminum can anymore. I have been flipping through Mouser no luck in that style.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:56 am

I got mine form RS

KP172

RS Stock No 114-610

Sorry can't post links on this through my work intranet.

They look like the Sozos George sells, I could not find any authentic looking ones with a high enough rating, and as has been alluded to before they do seem to go pop (either because of the PT going bang or taking the PT with them).

I think Larry should be asked, will put up a separate post.

If you want two of these (and will actually use them :wink: ) I can send you a pair as Odge does not seem to need them.
Neil

harddriver

Post by harddriver » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:40 pm

Neil,
Thank you for the offer, I am going to look around here first. I think Mouser here in the states carries the cornell/dublinier ones like the ones you have. THe 630V ones from George will work so I am just looking for the tubular ones like you wanted. IT would have been nice to get the alumminum can ones but oh well what are you gonna do.

Thanks Much!
:D Cheers!
Mark