Any clips of your 1987's???

Get support and show off your MetroAmp 50 Watt kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

npminard

Post by npminard » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:04 am

Michael Patrick wrote:All of the guitar bits in these songs were recorded with my '72 1987...

You Better Run

You Blood Runs Cold

Hurts like a Broken Heart (yeah, I'm a sensitive SOB...)

I'm sure there are at least two or three Interweb gear board users who haven't heard these clips... :roll:
Really like your solo in You Better Run, would you mind sharing what type of guitar/amp/rig you were using, great tone!

BTW, I have heard it on PP :lol: , but it's still sounds great 8)

Michael Patrick

Post by Michael Patrick » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:51 pm

npminard wrote:
Michael Patrick wrote:All of the guitar bits in these songs were recorded with my '72 1987...

You Better Run

You Blood Runs Cold

I'm sure there are at least two or three Interweb gear board users who haven't heard these clips... :roll:
Really like your solo in You Better Run, would you mind sharing what type of guitar/amp/rig you were using, great tone!

Thanks, glad you liked it,.

Used the same guitar and amp for both rhythm and lead, a '72 50-watt Marshall and a '62 reissue Strat. For the choruses I kicked on a TS9 reissue. For the solos it was an old Arbiter Fuzz Face driving an old Ram's Head Big Muff. Doubled my fuzzy fun, I did...

The Big Muff was falling apart at that point, I had to pound it on the floor just to get it to turn on, and it would cut out in the middle of a take and I'd have to start over again with the banging on the floor routine.

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:28 pm

Michael Patrick wrote: The Big Muff was falling apart at that point, I had to pound it on the floor just to get it to turn on, and it would cut out in the middle of a take and I'd have to start over again with the banging on the floor routine.
That's funny shit, man. :D
Did that to my Big Muff Pi back in the day...

Good JAmmin' BTW :wink:

JJ
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

npminard

Post by npminard » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:12 am

Michael Patrick wrote:
npminard wrote:

You Better Run

You Blood Runs Cold

Thanks, glad you liked it,.

Used the same guitar and amp for both rhythm and lead, a '72 50-watt Marshall and a '62 reissue Strat. For the choruses I kicked on a TS9 reissue. For the solos it was an old Arbiter Fuzz Face driving an old Ram's Head Big Muff. Doubled my fuzzy fun, I did...

The Big Muff was falling apart at that point, I had to pound it on the floor just to get it to turn on, and it would cut out in the middle of a take and I'd have to start over again with the banging on the floor routine.
Thanks a lot, again, sounded really good. As an interweb gear board user, was the '62 you used the blue one I've seen on PP :lol: ? Tone sounds really good, haven't heard many Strat clips on this site, I'm guessing it was the bridge p/u? I've had that happen to crap guitar cords and pickups, going out in the middle of practice or recording, stomping on it, throwing it, or shaking it always does the trick...till the next time.

Michael Patrick

Post by Michael Patrick » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:48 am

Yep, it was the blue '62 reissue...

npminard

Post by npminard » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Looks great, what's the neck like on it if you don't mind ANOTHER question. I've been looking for another Strat myself, not sure if a 50s or a 60s reissue, but I'm not seeing many that are USA made but not Custom Shop. I was surprised to learn that a lot of the $600-$800 reissues are from Mexico :shock: I'll probably have to buy used.

Michael Patrick

Post by Michael Patrick » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:39 pm

npminard wrote:Looks great, what's the neck like on it if you don't mind ANOTHER question. I've been looking for another Strat myself, not sure if a 50s or a 60s reissue, but I'm not seeing many that are USA made but not Custom Shop. I was surprised to learn that a lot of the $600-$800 reissues are from Mexico :shock: I'll probably have to buy used.
The neck was wider and a touch flatter than my '57 reissue, but not as flat as the Eric Johnson Strat I tried. I've got bigger frets in it.

I just bought a thin skin '62 reissue, it's a sweet axe as well. Come loaded with big frets, which is how I like 'em...

npminard

Post by npminard » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:02 am

Looks great 8)