(Screamed like Roger Daltry) YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Get support and show off your MetroAmp 50 Watt kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

fillmore nyc
Just the numbers in order: 7

(Screamed like Roger Daltry) YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Post by fillmore nyc » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Man, Im friggin' PSYCHED OUT!!!!!! I just got my brand-y new 50 watt Metro Plexi today!!! On one hand I wanna build the whole thing TONIGHT, and on the other hand, I just wanna stare at it, and smell it in the box. It looks SO cool being in all its unassembled glory. Like a virgin... waitin' to get fouled by my demon... soldering iron. ( :? ). So there's a question here. I got the optional NOS Allen Bradley CC resistors (in addition to the stock resistors that came with the kit). Any opinions on what the benefits/detrements are to using the AB resistors? I've heard they are noisier than the stock resistors, but I myself know nothing about them. Is there a significant tonal benefit?? Thanks for any help that can be given!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) (and I might add... 8) )

myfoot

Post by myfoot » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Congrats...I'm still waiting on mine .I ordered the AB resistors too. Curious to find out how they sound. I think MarT put some in his 45 ; maybe he can give us an opinion how it worked out

el34on11

Post by el34on11 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:03 am

Congrats fillmore.......
I've never used the NOS CC resisters but have had bad experience with the new production CC's......I do know that tons of people dig them in their builds, and I'm thinking of giving them a try..........
Now Get Building!!!!!!!........ :P :wink:

Derrick
LesPauls and Marshall's

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:16 am

Guys there is a post somewhere called carbon comp mojo or something like that. I think I found it here but I also saw it just recently on the sewatt, epi valve jr forum. I have a hard copy at home. See if you can find it. If not I'll scan it in and email it to you.

You don't need to use the CC's in all positions either. That's been discusse dhere as well. I'll bet Mark Rockstah will chime in here and note the places to use 'em.
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

MacGaden
Wiki Editor
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by MacGaden » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:21 am

NY Chief wrote:Guys there is a post somewhere called carbon comp mojo or something like that. I think I found it here but I also saw it just recently on the sewatt, epi valve jr forum. I have a hard copy at home. See if you can find it. If not I'll scan it in and email it to you.

You don't need to use the CC's in all positions either. That's been discusse dhere as well. I'll bet Mark Rockstah will chime in here and note the places to use 'em.
The positions for CC
MacG.

"Play it right, Dad ! No More Dwiddely Dwiddely !
My son Adam at 3 years old. Best advice I ever got..

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:24 am

MacGaden wrote:
NY Chief wrote:Guys there is a post somewhere called carbon comp mojo or something like that. I think I found it here but I also saw it just recently on the sewatt, epi valve jr forum. I have a hard copy at home. See if you can find it. If not I'll scan it in and email it to you.

The positions for CC
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"