Metro 50 watt cab & speaker experience

Get support and show off your MetroAmp 50 Watt kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

mary04
Just the numbers in order: 7

Metro 50 watt cab & speaker experience

Post by mary04 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Hello! Just wanted to share a quite stunning experience I had yesterday concerning cab and speaker choice with my Metroamp JMP 50 Plexi 68 specs. Everything is stock with JJ`s in all positions, no mastervolum, volum on 10. I do however use a Weber Mass 150 attenuator to prevent severe eardamage. Main guitar is a LP Standard with Lollar Imperials (waiting impatient for a Grosh 327 small block bridge pup though). Never been much of a Vintage 30 lover, and I`ve always though a plexisounding amp should be run through either greenbacks or G12H`s.

Yesterday I took my Metro to a friend that wanted to try the amp. Only cab he had was a Avatar 4x12 carrying V30`s. I was i bit dissapointed, because I expected he had the right stuff, and I was kind of prepering him for a not so good demo soundwise. But I was in for a big, big surprise.

The Avatar with the V30`s sounded killer with the Metro. They gave the sound a warmth to it I`d never heard with the greenbacks. The greenbacks top highs was gone, and the V30`s will probably not cut through in the mix like the greenbacks, but it had a thight bottom and a punch in the middle I absolutley loved. The V30`s took me by a surprise, and my search for a V30 cab has started.

Just wanted to share this with you people, and everybody wanna chime in are welcome.

Mary

54strat
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Metro 50 watt cab & speaker experience

Post by 54strat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:39 am

Not everybody here hates V-30's. I have V-30's in a 2-12 under my 50 watt and LOVE them.
73 Marshall 1987
76 Marshall 1936 cab w/Celestion V-30's
54 Fender Stratocaster hardtail
87 Fender Stratocaster

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Metro 50 watt cab & speaker experience

Post by demonufo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:18 pm

I don't like V30's at all, but they DO cut through quite well in a live mix, and they DO record quite well too.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!