ceriatone 1987

Get support and show off your MetroAmp 50 Watt kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

stratovarious

ceriatone 1987

Post by stratovarious » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:59 pm

Hey ya'll my first post, this board is awesome, lots of great info

well I love british tone, particularly Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen and of course Eddie Van Halen.

and I was looking at the ceriatone kits, and noticed how great the prices are. but I dont know much about the 50W 1987's and I dont mean spec wise, but the only person I know who uses one is Yngwie Malmsteen

how would they compare in sound to the 200W major and the 100W super lead?

And he also makes a Bass Model, what are the big differences between the Bass and Lead Models?

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:10 pm

Well the 50 watter, for one thing doesnt quite have the bottom end or overall headroom compared to a 100 watter. Saw Malmsteen in the spring, he had a wall of the 50 watt Marshall stacks. Fuckin huge sound without any of that modern "buzzy" preamp gain type sound. Funny, the soundman said that only 1 stack was being used. He said it was all "show". It still "sounded" like he was using them all. In regards to the Lead versus the bass models, the leads have more upper midrange while the bass models have more lower midrange. Listen to say Hendrix's "Woodstock" for the Superlead and from what I gather "Band OF Gypsies" for the Superbass.