Zero Loss FX location (placement) for JTM45 style Chassis

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Jayson2015
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Zero Loss FX location (placement) for JTM45 style Chassis

Post by Jayson2015 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I've decided to finally use this forum as a source of information :)
So my question is I have a JCM800 clone that is in fact inside a smaller JTM45 style chassis. The placement of the effects loop was a bit of a challenge because of the smaller space. And I had converted the amp to a much higher gain amp.

I had the effects loop originally placed just above the first preamp tube. So when placed it there, the effects loop is covering the tube and you cannot see the tube socket. This is not like the stock JCM800 chassis which is a lot bigger with more room to play with and where you would still see the socket.

So my question is first, is this location ok? Or should i place it further away nearer or over the second preamp tube sockets.
I also took it to an amp tech and he told me the fx loop was way too close in terms of height to the preamp tube socket. But I had in fact drilled the holes a tiny bit farther up the than the level of the speaker jacks. I know I can't go farther than that because the height of the capacitor wouldn't allow it.

Should i drill another set of holes so that the fx loop hovers above the second preamp tube? And same level as the speaker jack? Is it also ok to remove one speaker jack to accomodate the fx loop?

Just looking for the best location to install the loop.

Thanks.

Will try to post some pictures later if need be.