METRO 50 WATT SOUND CLIPS HERE!

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

rockstah
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by rockstah » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:10 pm

i agree - doesnt sound like the darker hs3.

leleduke

Post by leleduke » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:09 am

Flames1950 wrote:I'm saying, you guys seem to think it needs more overdrive to be "heavy" enough, I think it's right on if you put the band behind it. The utterly clear attack is right there, adding more drive is going to muddy that up at some point.
+1
Les Paul Forum member Mark E. Duke <<><
http://www.myspace.com/transitbr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wdelaney72

Post by wdelaney72 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:10 am

Great tone. Great playing. Totally Yngwie.

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:35 pm

Soundn' goood ! And if I didn't know any better your playin' a scalloped neck type Stratocaster with Di YJM's not HS3's.

Yngwie did play the 2's on the early stuff but I'm hearin the newer voice.
Nice playin' there too ...

George You done dood it again ! That's one kickass 50 ! ...and yngwie2 your one lucky bastard ! :P
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:51 pm

Been having some computer problems lately and cant get the SoundClip file to play,figures I would be the one who can't f****** hear it :twisted: :twisted:
So Yng 2 were you using the neck pickup,or bridge,is it a '98 up YJM stock Strat,and is your YJM308 pedal stock,any NS-2 involved,these are all hypothetical questions as I still am unable to hear the danm thing?
The HS-3 has a different tone than the YJM,with vintage staggered pickups,although why they say that as the HS-3 has identical pole piece stagger! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yngwie2

Post by yngwie2 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:50 pm

I use a seymour duncan little screamin demon in the bridge, and an hs3 standard in the neck , my neck pickup has been screeching lately so i am going to change it out for a yjm . Its been giving me problems. Its an older malmsteen model 1989 , There made better than the new ones , for some reason the newer malmsteen strat"s first string is closer to falling off the fretboard , it might be from the vintage bridge i"m not sure, but it is deffinatley closer to the edge than the older malmsteen models ,I would have a problem with the first string pulling off the fretboard on the first string, also the newer model"s tunning peg wont allow a 10 guage string to fit in the hole of the peg where you wind the string up. I do like the 70s head stock better , but the older model strat is deffinatly better , I really hate it when something is soo good, people start changing things for all the wrong reasons. Yeah just dod 308 into noise gate pedal, the track needed a little more drive . when i recorded it it sounded right being live but when it got on the protools it cleaned up a lot. You really have to fine tune in your settings to make it perfect , thats what i find anyway, Because if your metro or marshall is on say volume 6 and you set your pedal gain to that ,when you crank up the volume your sound changes again, So i just tried to tune it on 10. I now just leave the metro with just the dod and wah dry, and then i have the fender roc pro for my effects running through the loop of that head . I cant be happier with that sound. It really sounds great for me . I just love the sound of having the ability to crank and just listen to different tones, especially harmonics , Thats what i like about the screamin demon! One thing about the metro is that the compression is soo on the money when playing powerchords and such and the notes really stand out perfectly. I just sold a JSX satriani model and no matter how i set it up or what channel or pedal i used on it the notes wouldn"t break through the mix , And there is really no character behind the tone. The metro is such a noticable difference , My band played last night for the first time with my new setup in practice and my singer heard the difference immediately how the notes pronunciate compared to the JSX . I honestly think that satriani"s head is not the same head that peavey is selling. For rythm is sounds heavey, tight and full but for lead playing it just doesn"t do it for me.

yngwie2

Post by yngwie2 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:57 pm

Nice pictures jimi! I"ll take some pictures of mine one day i get a chance but i"m a woose in fear that i might get zapped pulling my chasis off!! hahahah . I"ve been raised my 2 women! hahahah. The pictures are very clean looking and i"m sure it had to of took some time to do work like that . For me i would rather pay than be stressed out, My luck things would go wrong and the first sign of noise after i built something would stress me out ! hahahaha

Tubes

Post by Tubes » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:59 pm

nice clips! Clear and defined on lead and heavy,cutting and clear/thick on chords, if that makes sense. :D

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Yngwie read the thread on Yngwie.org forum about the E string falling off the board.I finally was able to hear your clip,good Yngwie feel,like the vibrato especially.Keep at it and join our posts in Off Topics/Malmsteen Only.
Also on my 2005 US YJM model the Dean Markley Yngwie Magic strings that I use,the tuner string post on the low E,will not allow the .048 gauge string to fit in the center hole,hope they change this on the '07 or at least make it have all the quality of features of the Japanese YJM's,have you heard about the brass inserts that Yngwie uses in his '70's Strats to aid stability in the three bolt to four bolt conversion.This feature is present on the Japan YJM's,allowing machine thread screws to hold the neck to the body.
yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:12 pm

That is the closest to Malmsteens sound and playing as I have ever heard ! I was suprised that you have a mini Screamin' Demon in the bridge though, sounded like a single coil to me, though you were getting those pinched harmonics on the low strings, which is a little easier with humbuckers. Your sound is very, very close to Yngwie's earlier 83-85 type tone, which is my favorite. The DOD pedal has been modded to origional grey 250 specs I bet ? I love the 250 with single coils, but not quite with humbuckers. I must try to mod one to work better with humbuckers. Your vibrato, both hand and bar, are very damn close to Malmsteens. I would also try some good 25's with that head just to tell the difference. Those are what Yngwie used early on. But damn Dude, your so close know that nothing more needs to be done.

yngwie2

Post by yngwie2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:38 pm

I had a problem driving the overdrive a little more on that clip only to find out my power tube was on its way out ,It kept squealing for some reason and i never though the tubes were bad . It kept blowing the ht fuse .I swapped it out with a used e v type tube and it ran perfect . I Just ordered new e v tubes and i am going to try out the tungsol in the preamp. I heard a lot of good things about the tungsol preamp tube as far as reviews go. Now i run the metro just dry and use the output of the metro split out into a delay pedal going to a fender roc pro 1000 . I set the delay to fatten it up and its really killer . I found that running 2 heads is a must . It really thickens up the sound really full. Absolutley perfect. 1 head sounds good but running 2 together is monsterous . I ordered a thd hot plate 16 olm with my order so i am going to run line out with that , Plus my singer has been complaining because i play too loud , but i cant help it ..hehehheee I used the dod308 stock , but i think i like the ts9 better its a little smoother, maybe because of the screamin demon , the hs3 in the bridge might sound better with the 308

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:57 am

Damn, you sounded that close with that pedal stock ! Screw the TS-9 with that setup, If you dont like learning to do it yourself, send that pedal to www.analogman.com and get him to do his "grey 250" mod. It's like night and day. That Yngwie reissue is more of a "buisiness" type pedal than a faithful reissue. Man you have one highly developed picking technique, sent me off woodshedding.

yngwie2

Post by yngwie2 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:53 pm

Thanks a lot bro! I will deffinatley check that out! Thanks for the info!!

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:48 pm

Analog Mike is the way to go for the YJM308,get the true bypass,and a green led!! :D

yngwie308

yngwie2

Post by yngwie2 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:51 pm

yeah not having the led is a real pain ! another horrible thing is the power adapter insert is on the side ! What a nightmare ! What are people thinking when they design something!