Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: FX loops coming to Metro.

Post by Winslet » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 am

Hello Everybody,

very nicely done...

OUTLAW1969

Post by OUTLAW1969 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:06 am

Does anyone know if these kits come with an "FX Master" pot ?

I want to install one of these on an old Marshall, but my only experience with the ZL kits has been with loops already installed in Cameron Amplification chassis', that I have owned. Just trying to determine if the kits come with the FX Master, or if that is just something that is exclusive to the Cameron Amp loops.

BackwoodsJoe

Post by BackwoodsJoe » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Was wondering if the loop board would fit in another amp I have. Does anyone know what the dimensions are? thx Joe

SDM
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by SDM » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:33 am

BackwoodsJoe wrote:Was wondering if the loop board would fit in another amp I have. Does anyone know what the dimensions are? thx Joe
Figure it needs approx 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" of space at least. Board itself is actually a tad bit smaller than that all around, but it sits off the chassis a bit which varies/depends on how many washers/spacers are needed on the jacks.

massimo
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by massimo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 am

Hi
I'd like to order an FX loops but today the store site give me an SSL certify ERROR to log in
Have you got news?
Many thanks
Massimo
http://www.youtube.com/user/maxiblues73" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vkaxeman

Post by vkaxeman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi Steve,
Do you have any plans to make a new version of your Zero Loss Effects Loop that will fit the factory chassis holes / a drop in replacement for the Marshall SLP Reissue Factory Effects Loop?
Thanks!
Chet
My first project: 1959HW to 12xxx Courtesy of the Late Great Rockstah a.k.a. Edward Van Abrahamian

SDM

Post by SDM » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

vkaxeman wrote:Hi Steve,
Do you have any plans to make a new version of your Zero Loss Effects Loop that will fit the factory chassis holes / a drop in replacement for the Marshall SLP Reissue Factory Effects Loop?
Thanks!
Chet
Idea has been out there for a while, always taken a "wait and see" approach regarding it to see if enough interest is out there to warrant such a variant. Various people have actually swapped in the ZL loop to their RI SLPs or 2203s one way or another over the years, but so far installs in kits/homebuilt, new production amps, and even pre-loop originals far far outweigh the demand I've seen for a drop in ZL variant that would fit the current SLP or 2203 RIs.

Would guess many/most newer (loop era) RI owners simply never even think about it, likely don't even know that an easy ZL loop upgrade could be possible if they'd express the interest. Maybe many just don't care about their RI loop, are either happy with the stock one or don't even use it at all, don't know. Regardless, just haven't seen the interest to warrant it yet unfortunately. New board at very small numbers could mean Metro would actually lose money making them, that or a higher price, and obviously neither of those things is desired.

I've kinda been preoccupied dealing with other matters for a while though, may be off on the demand seen for a RI drop in replacement more recently, but ultimately it'd be George's call. Since we've not spoken about a RI drop in variant in quite some time though, can only guess he's just not seen the demand yet either. Maybe he'll chime in on it if I am indeed off, but if the demand is ever enough to warrant it, I'd certainly like to offer RI owners a drop in ZL replacement upgrade option. For now though, still in "wait and see" mode on the idea.

Twistingcrow

Post by Twistingcrow » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 am

Hi.
I have a question here. Has anyone added a footswitch to their Zero Loss FX Loop so that the bypass function could be chosen via the footswitch instead of the manual switch on the backpanel? For example if you wanna switch on/off the loop in the middle of a song?

Are there any pros and cons? And if someone has done it, how?
Thanks!!!

frankencat

Post by frankencat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Has anyone installed this loop in a Orange Rocker 30? I am getting ready to do it but you know what they say, a wise man learns from other peoples experience. :)

Thanks -Frank

frankencat

Post by frankencat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Well I just purchased the loop so I guess I will find out. :)

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Twistingcrow wrote:Hi.
I have a question here. Has anyone added a footswitch to their Zero Loss FX Loop so that the bypass function could be chosen via the footswitch instead of the manual switch on the backpanel? For example if you wanna switch on/off the loop in the middle of a song?

Are there any pros and cons? And if someone has done it, how?
Thanks!!!
I would be interested in this. Are there simple layouts we could use to make this?
I'd be up for designing one with a buffer so it doesn't *pop* in.

That would call for replacing the dpdt with a cliff or a Switchcraft
so you could plug your ¼" in (coming from the footswitch.)
Do I understand this correctly ?
The newly built footswitch would plug in the newly installed female jack and ground when engaged
thus replacing the dpdt's function in & out of the circuit. Is that right ?
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Twistingcrow

Post by Twistingcrow » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi.
Maybe SDM will chime in about the footswitch thing... But in the meantime have you guys ever installed the loop in an 18 watter? In a 18w TMB? How would that work?
Thanks!

Twistingcrow

Post by Twistingcrow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59 am

Hi.
A friend of mine would like to install the Zero Loss FX Loop in a tweed Bassman replica I made him some months ago. Basically he will be using a Van Weelden Twinkleator as his Master Volume. He may also add a touch of reverb and delay through the Twinkleator. The Twinkleator has its own buffer.

Obviously I will have to add the Fx Loop in an external box since the 5F6A chassis is already pretty crammed up. Has someone ever done this mod and how? I pretty much followed the 5F6A schematic, nothing fancy there... But I don't really know for sure what would go where and how since I've only installed the fx loop in Marshalls before (JTM45, 1987 and 1959)...

Thanks!

SDM

Post by SDM » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Twistingcrow wrote:Hi.
A friend of mine would like to install the Zero Loss FX Loop in a tweed Bassman replica I made him some months ago. Basically he will be using a Van Weelden Twinkleator as his Master Volume. He may also add a touch of reverb and delay through the Twinkleator. The Twinkleator has its own buffer.

Obviously I will have to add the Fx Loop in an external box since the 5F6A chassis is already pretty crammed up. Has someone ever done this mod and how? I pretty much followed the 5F6A schematic, nothing fancy there... But I don't really know for sure what would go where and how since I've only installed the fx loop in Marshalls before (JTM45, 1987 and 1959)...

Thanks!
Hard to find direct info on the Twinkelator, but sounds like it's made to be an effects loop on its own. Would just break the Bassman's signal path between treble pot out and PI input, add jacks (pre out from treble pot, power amp in to PI input, set up switching jacks to break internal signal only if jacks are in use), that device would do the rest. Not 100% sure on that, not familiar with the Twinkleator, but just what I gathered on a very quick search, but seems no other loop would be needed. Would try to verify with the manufacturer directly what kind of signal levels it expects/can work with, but seems to be all you need.

Adding the ZL loop to a Bassman 5F6A would install exactly the same as per a JTM45 electronics wise, adding it externally has been done, but again though, adding both loops here would result in a loop within a loop. Not sure how useful that'd be. May well get along fine with just the added jacks and Twinkleator.
Last edited by SDM on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twistingcrow

Post by Twistingcrow » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply SDM!!!
What about the footswitch option for the loop, have you given it a thought (that would be for a 1987 and I'd like to place it in place of the manual switch)...?