FX loops coming to Metro.

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

cruisemates

Re: FX loops coming to Metro.

Post by cruisemates » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:38 pm

Check this out - I ended up installing mine inside the chassis so you don;t see ANY holes. I just ran extra cables down through one of the existing corner holes which I can use to connect to my loop. This worked out great for me. I did install one tiny hole just for the one/off switch, but it is deep inside the head so you do not see it.

Hole for switch: (you can see the switch installed between the PCB and the Loop in the pic above.

The speaker jacks are known to be the same size as the loop holes, but they are NOT the same distance apart (unfortunately) - you can use one of them, however, assuming you only ever use one speaker cabinet.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 am

Looks fine, how are you mounting the jacks for the loop. I would be tempted to get a custom front panel and use the holes already drilled in the chassis.
Neil

Mxzx

Post by Mxzx » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Help, I just installed this loop in a 1987 clone and lost all input signal. Doesn't matter if switch is on or off.

The amp has both a PPIMV and the one wire mod.

Thanks in advance!

SDM
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by SDM » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:12 pm

Mxzx wrote:Help, I just installed this loop in a 1987 clone and lost all input signal. Doesn't matter if switch is on or off.

The amp has both a PPIMV and the one wire mod.

Thanks in advance!
The bypass switch bypasses the loop entirely, so something is miswired, shorted, or perhaps was disrupted elsewhere in the amp. Small chance the switch is bad all around, but possible.

If it is loop install related, most likely is a miswiring of the switch or a short of the wires to it. Triple check all wires go where they are supposed to (on BOTH ends), and the little jumper on the switch is there. Check your shielded wires, be sure the shields are not shorting out to the inner conductor wire <- this is a common error and shorts the signal right to ground. Even a tiny stray strand of the shield can muck things up here, look close at the switch end in particular. If you nicked a shielded wire with an iron or such elsewhere (or even if you didn't), it may be shorted internally. Measure the (inner) wires of the shielded wires to ground, neither should be anywhere near shorted in any switch position.

If not the above, can check the switch by setting it to bypass and shorting the two middle lugs together (the lugs with the shielded wires on them). Use a small bit of wire or whatever, just a temporary test here. If still no signal, go check the above yet again. Nothing amiss, something elsewhere in the amp was disturbed during the loop install.

giordydiver

Post by giordydiver » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:10 pm

hi, I install zero loss on my 2203 sir 34, wow amazing loop fx. the only "problem" is the engrease o background noise, without loop I have no hiss , now I have a lot also with master at 1 ...what can it be?

Mxzx

Post by Mxzx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Do I have the wire tapped to the proper pot on board?

Anything else look suspect?

Sound is non existent on normal channel, and week at best on "modded" channel.

Switch. Position makes no difference, and it did work before!

This amp does have PPIMV and one wire mod.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/ ... o4lkvc.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/ ... 2mzdjs.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/ ... f3xnx6.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/ ... o4lkvc.jpg

Mxzx

Post by Mxzx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Also, when I disconnect the loop, everything works as normal.

Thanks

SDM

Post by SDM » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:39 am

Mxzx wrote: Anything else look suspect?
Yes, looks like you have the loop output shielded wire headed to the wrong spot. It appears to be connected to the V1B coupling cap, needs to connected to the PI input cap instead.

So, need to move that wire to the correct spot, hook things up as they originally were on that V1B coupling cap for the amp and loop to work correctly. Refer to the loop instructions, particularly step 11, to help you resolve.

SDM

Post by SDM » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:04 pm

giordydiver wrote:hi, I install zero loss on my 2203 sir 34, wow amazing loop fx. the only "problem" is the engrease o background noise, without loop I have no hiss , now I have a lot also with master at 1 ...what can it be?
Are you sure the noise is from the loop, not the effects? Is the loop installed before the master volume in your amp?

Mxzx

Post by Mxzx » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:21 am

SDM wrote:
Mxzx wrote: Anything else look suspect?
Yes, looks like you have the loop output shielded wire headed to the wrong spot. It appears to be connected to the V1B coupling cap, needs to connected to the PI input cap instead.

So, need to move that wire to the correct spot, hook things up as they originally were on that V1B coupling cap for the amp and loop to work correctly. Refer to the loop instructions, particularly step 11, to help you resolve.
Thanks, can you point out which terminal is the PI input cap?

SDM

Post by SDM » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Mxzx wrote: Thanks, can you point out which terminal is the PI input cap?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By1xs ... mI5RUF0eTg

Mxzx

Post by Mxzx » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:59 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try!!

Mxzx

Post by Mxzx » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Fixed it right up, works great!!

Thanks again!!

jeff r

Post by jeff r » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi Steve

I recently purchased & installed your FX loop and want to say it just works flawlessly. This is a well thought out and beautiful design. Thanks for providing us with such a great mod.

-jeff

pancakes1983

Post by pancakes1983 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a Vox Night Train 50h (2 x EL34 - so Vox schematic but with a Marshall power section) that I want to put this loop into, I have a technician friend that is going to help me with the installation (he has years and years of experience) but my question is this, will this work with a London Power Scaling kit also? Will I run into any issues with them both installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks for your time,

Brett