No BBri board at the new store

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Mars Hall
Just the numbers in order: 7

No BBri board at the new store

Post by Mars Hall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 am

Is it getting revamped to improve the tremolo circuit or is it just gone?
"You just slide a bottle up and down til what you want out of it comes out. You just slide away at it til you've got it down." Duane Allman

jbzoso2002

Re: No BBri board at the new store

Post by jbzoso2002 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:30 am

Thats a good question, the only amp I want
that I dont have is a Bluesbreaker.

Jimmy 8)
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:02 am

Hmm...that makes me wanna come out with a Bluesbreaker layout. The JTM45 boards will work if you omit the tremolo circuit...but looks like I know what I'll be workin' on today.

Hopefully soon I can start offering a service of making custom P2P boards for mod layouts as well.

I made up a blank CAD layout for the plexi boards, which I intend to use for the purpose of doing custom mod layouts. But I don't have any showing the insides of a Bluesbreaker to get an accurate layout for them.
There's just that fine line between stupid and clever - Nigel Tufnel

jbzoso2002

Post by jbzoso2002 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:05 pm

flemingmras wrote:Hmm...that makes me wanna come out with a Bluesbreaker layout. The JTM45 boards will work if you omit the tremolo circuit...but looks like I know what I'll be workin' on today.

Hopefully soon I can start offering a service of making custom P2P boards for mod layouts as well.

I made up a blank CAD layout for the plexi boards, which I intend to use for the purpose of doing custom mod layouts. But I don't have any showing the insides of a Bluesbreaker to get an accurate layout for them.
That would be fantastic!

My buddy above (Mars Hall) has a ltd edition white Bluesbreaker
and he put George's ptp board in it but the trem wont work right.

A complete chassis layout would be way cool!

Jimmy 8)
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:30 pm

jbzoso2002 wrote:
flemingmras wrote:Hmm...that makes me wanna come out with a Bluesbreaker layout. The JTM45 boards will work if you omit the tremolo circuit...but looks like I know what I'll be workin' on today.

That would be fantastic!

Jimmy 8)
Were there ever any instructions/layouts that came with that p2p board kit? I wouldn't mind taking a look at that and seeing if we couldn't get the trem workin' right. Some pics of the internals would help.

Mars Hall

Post by Mars Hall » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:13 pm

flemingmras wrote:
jbzoso2002 wrote:

That would be fantastic!

Jimmy 8)
Were there ever any instructions/layouts that came with that p2p board kit? I wouldn't mind taking a look at that and seeing if we couldn't get the trem workin' right. Some pics of the internals would help.
This is the layout I used, provided by a fellow forum member Steve (SDM).

http://home.comcast.net/~jbjdav26//BBRIrev3StockPT.jpg

The trem works but has an annoying quack riding each swell cycle. I've been through it as much as I know. I plan on traveling to George's shop soon. He said the trem circuit is finicky, that's why he discontinued it until he finds a better circuit design. Here are a few shots of the trem section, let me know if you spot anything.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... 1255968437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... 1255968536" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... 1255968633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... 1_0098.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You just slide a bottle up and down til what you want out of it comes out. You just slide away at it til you've got it down." Duane Allman

Structo

Post by Structo » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Your camera should have a macro switch button on it for close up shots.
I have a Canon and when I use the macro setting I can get within a couple inches of something and take the shot.
Not sure if this applies to all digital cameras but on mine, you have to leave the focus alone when in macro mode.
Just have to move in close for the shot.

Good luck on the amp. :mrgreen:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Isn't there supposed to be an FET transistor somewhere in that layout? That's what they used to do the ground/unground function instead of an LDR like the Fender's used.

Mars Hall

Post by Mars Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:54 pm

flemingmras wrote:Isn't there supposed to be an FET transistor somewhere in that layout? That's what they used to do the ground/unground function instead of an LDR like the Fender's used.
Yeah, it's there, in between the the 2 trim pots, next to the one on the right.

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:23 am

I've got a Bluesbreaker reissue coming in sometime next week. We're doing it up with a Mercury Magnetics Radiospares clone, O45RS-L, Mercury Magnetics JT45C-7H choke, and a P2P board with carbon comps and Sozo Vintage mustards.

However, instead of "reworking" the Marshall tremolo, we're adapting the Fender LDR coupled tremolo into the circuit.

We're also manufacturing the board itself in house so hopefully once this one's done I can start doing up BB boards with the Fender trem circuit.

Will post the results here once she's all done.

jelly-fingers

Post by jelly-fingers » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Now this is something I'd like to get some details around. I'm working on a 1992 BB-RI where I'm doing a very similar re-vamp and I'm stuck around the PTP upgrade due to the tremolo transistor. Please keep us posted.

Mars Hall

Post by Mars Hall » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:21 pm

flemingmras wrote:I've got a Bluesbreaker reissue coming in sometime next week. We're doing it up with a Mercury Magnetics Radiospares clone, O45RS-L, Mercury Magnetics JT45C-7H choke, and a P2P board with carbon comps and Sozo Vintage mustards.

However, instead of "reworking" the Marshall tremolo, we're adapting the Fender LDR coupled tremolo into the circuit.

We're also manufacturing the board itself in house so hopefully once this one's done I can start doing up BB boards with the Fender trem circuit.

Would this be a completely new mother board or a mod that could be performed on BBri Metro board? I love the Fender tremelo on my Surer Reverb, would it be a similar circuit?

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Mars Hall wrote:
flemingmras wrote:I've got a Bluesbreaker reissue coming in sometime next week. We're doing it up with a Mercury Magnetics Radiospares clone, O45RS-L, Mercury Magnetics JT45C-7H choke, and a P2P board with carbon comps and Sozo Vintage mustards.

Would this be a completely new mother board or a mod that could be performed on BBri Metro board? I love the Fender tremelo on my Surer Reverb, would it be a similar circuit?
If your Super Reverb has the optocoupled vibrato it is the same circuit.

We're doing it up as a completely new board.

Mars Hall

Post by Mars Hall » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:14 pm

flemingmras wrote:
Mars Hall wrote:

If your Super Reverb has the optocoupled vibrato it is the same circuit.

We're doing it up as a completely new board.
Look forward to examining what you come up with here. I wish there was a mod, as I already have the time and money invested in the Metro. If you can answer at this time, will the boards be assembled or sold as a kit?

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Mars Hall wrote:
Look forward to examining what you come up with here. I wish there was a mod, as I already have the time and money invested in the Metro. If you can answer at this time, will the boards be assembled or sold as a kit?
I will more than likely sell them as a "pick-your-poison" kinda deal, such as just the blank board, a DIY parts kit, or pre-assembled. I'm waiting on an order of board stock so I can make up some board blanks so I'm not sure as to the price yet. But I will keep you guys posted.