Stupid Question...

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

somethin'else
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Stupid Question...

Post by somethin'else » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:48 am

LiveWire wrote:You're in line with most of the comments on MM/Heyboer I've read. That C1998 sounds like a winner from what I hear everyone say. Also read about having different brands for your PT and OT, hadn't thought of that being an option.. But what I meant actually was do you know of a thread with sound clips to hear tranny differences?
George has done all the work already. Stay with his stock PT, OT and Choke for vintage authentic tone out the gate. Upgrade the caps to F&T and SoZo Vintage (if available, otherwise SoZo Standard are good to go), and grab the AB Carbon Comp resistors while you're at it. They're fun to change out in various positions to experiment. Otherwise, Stock Metro is the best way to go for a no hassle, trouble free build.

Also, the 12 Series Plexi Kit has VERY GOOD INSTRUCTIONS! :lol: 8) If you are looking to go EVH or Bass Spec or any other mods, these instructions will get your essential amp done with stock values. The Forum will get you specifically towards you're personal flavor of a great amp, with info and specs on the certain value changes tweaking forward.
dave

LiveWire

Post by LiveWire » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:02 am

George's Heyboer trannies, Sozos, Allen Bradleys; that is what I had in mind after a few evenings of digging through the forum. Looks like I'm on the right track :D

I do see different sets of Sozos though; ones with decorative lettering and ones with standard lettering. I'm guessing they're the same vintage + caps but the printing changed during the past few years?

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 pm

LiveWire wrote:I do see different sets of Sozos though; ones with decorative lettering and ones with standard lettering. I'm guessing they're the same vintage + caps but the printing changed during the past few years?
Hmm, dunno.

I think maybe just the printing changed to the new fancy script. I seem to remember that the Vintages were only available directly through SoZo.

You could give Dave and George a holler and see, but really I think they ship the standards, and even then, the SoZo standards are a Great Base to start your rig up from. That's why they're called "Standards" I suppose! :lol:
dave

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Yep, they changed the printing on the standard line. The metro store doesn't do the premium vintage sozo's, only the standards.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!