100W build blows HT fuse.

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

MarvinMitt

100W build blows HT fuse.

Post by MarvinMitt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:18 am

Hey guys!

I have been off these forums for a while because I have had no issues with my plexi. But recently I played mine in a venue with an old backline cab. Mains on, everything as usual. When I flicked standby switch, then I heard a loud pop and it blew my HT fuse. Later in the rehearsal room with a decent cab and slo-blow fuse it made a buzzing noise for about 4-6 seconds and the fuse melt.

What are the first stages of troubleshooting this kind of problem? The guts look okay.

Best regards,
Marvin.
"I'm gonna' put a curse on you and all your children will be born naked..." - J. M. Hendrix

Vegard
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: 100W build blows HT fuse.

Post by Vegard » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:14 am

Try some new powertubes and see if the same thing happens
Metroamp builds : 68` 50w (x2), 69` 100w, 68` 100w 12xxx (x3), JTM45/100, JTM50(x2), 2203

MarvinMitt

Re: 100W build blows HT fuse.

Post by MarvinMitt » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:41 am

Okay.
I pulled the tubes out, no fuse blow. Then I kicked in outer pair and the left one got huge blue thunderstorm all over in it. Then I pulled outer ones and put in the inner ones and the amp works great. I hear a little more shaking noise on this tube than others, so it's obviously a tube problem, right? Now should I get a new quad of power tubes?

Thanks for helping just a guitar player out.
"I'm gonna' put a curse on you and all your children will be born naked..." - J. M. Hendrix