MetroAmp Zero Loss FX Loop

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

rbenson
Just the numbers in order: 7

MetroAmp Zero Loss FX Loop

Post by rbenson » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 pm

This effects loop is amazing! Totally transparent. I have a 100 Watt Marshall that I installed the loop in that I run either a lot of gain in the preamp at low volume or I can bypass the extra gain stage and run it loud and proud to break up the power tubes. I did not hear any difference in sound with the loop in the circuit or bypassed at any volume level and my effects sound great. I installed a few different tube type circuits in the past, but I was always disappointed with the change in sound that resulted. This loops delivers what is advertised. I was so happy with my amp that I played extra loud for all my neighbors all New Year's weekend. Thanks from me, maybe not so much from my neighbors.

hdahs
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: MetroAmp Zero Loss FX Loop

Post by hdahs » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:10 pm

I will second that. I just installed one in a buddy's old 2203. Works like a charm, and sounds the same in or out, and he has picky ears.

Now that his was the guinea pig, I will be installing one in the 50 watter I just built!

JPB
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: MetroAmp Zero Loss FX Loop

Post by JPB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Late to the party but i will 3rd that. SDM really did his homework and created a great product thst does exactly what it says it will.