Anyone interested in completing my Amp?

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

chetz
Just the numbers in order: 7

Anyone interested in completing my Amp?

Post by chetz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi my friends, I bought the JTM45 kit prior to them being dicontinued. It is my first electonics project but I went into it practicing my soldering and trying to increase my electronics knowledge. Since the kits went away the support for builds dropped and, frankly, I want this to be a killer Head for my son.......something beyond what I can be expected to do.

I know Metro used to charge 400.00 to put one together and it could be done in 20 hours.......not by me! I am looking for a good builder that is known on this board to finish this build. I have cash, vintage GEC, Mullard, Mustards etc. I can send detailed pictures of the state of my build for you to sort out and price. I want the best here, no matter how careful and meticulous I have been I will need you to check my work.

My son was accepted into Mechanical Engineering Graduate School and is working on his Master's. His Birthday is early July and I would like to give him this amp.

Thank you for any responses and I hope there is someone out there that can bail me out! Child's play for some of you I know.... :peace:

-Jeff-

6burgh

Re: Anyone interested in completing my Amp?

Post by 6burgh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Where are you located?

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm in Michigan, and have built a bunch of these. Would sort it out and make it shine if it's cost effective, ie shipping etc.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

chetz

Post by chetz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:31 am

I am a Jayhawk......I am from Kansas (KC metro area...I live on the good side of KC.)

Seriously, this amp means much to me, my son is the real player and I want to give him this re-creation for his birthday present. Good soldering, tight and well routed wires is what I would love to see. I have done a decent job so far but this to turn out to be something special.

I cant do that seeing how this is my first electronics gig. So far I have learned a ton about soldering and and a basic understanding of guitar amplification building........I need an expert to finish this off. In addition to the vintage tubes I have a couple of other vintage parts to be included.

I am obviously willing to pay for the service.......cash, vintage, tubes or whatever suits your fancy.

Thanks for the response, I will send pics at your requests.

-Jeff-