Depth control lead dress

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Museums
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Depth control lead dress

Post by Museums » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 am

Im working on a 2203 type build in a Metro chassis and am thinking about adding a depth control. The simplest place to put it would be one of the unused effects loop jack holes in the chassis. That jack isn't particularly far from the NFB resistor on the board but it would be several inches of wire from the pot to the impedance selector. Is lead dress a necessary consideration here? Do I need to keep the wire to the impedance selector away from the heater leads? Maybe run it above the speaker jacks?

Museums
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Depth control lead dress

Post by Museums » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:57 am

I went ahead and installed a depth pot just floating over the chassis to see if moving it around to different places caused any issues and nothing seemed to be a problem so I went with it. Pulled the regular NFB wire back to the pot in one of the effects loop chassis holes but floated it high over the tube sockets. Then ran a wire back to the 4 ohm tap by routing it over top of the speaker jacks. Worked perfectly. Might have to move it elsewhere if I decide to install a loop down the road but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

neikeel

Re: Depth control lead dress

Post by neikeel » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Interesting.
I put a resonance mod on front panel (spare trem speed hole and it worked well but I tried variable NFB in same slot - bit more picky (maybe as it was between the presence pot and PPIMV pots, although all shielded :?: )
Neil