MetroAmp 12 series Turret Jumpers, back or front?

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

neikeel

Re: MetroAmp 12 series Turret Jumpers, back or front?

Post by neikeel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:23 am

Goonies wrote:The 68 is it really noisy? is it really better with Larry ground scheme? i never played a 68 plexi before

i will start my thread on 12 series build to get help (when the marstran transformers arrive). thanks!!!
If you take care, do not rush it and use the resources above I am sure you will be ok. I would not drill the board unless I had a decent pillar drill, jig and several correct size drill bits to hand.

A 68 can have some hum from the OT and PT alignment and can get PO if you are not meticulous about lead dress rules, the origianl amps do not have much in the way of noise issues in my experience, it is the ones that have been messed with that do.
Larry's fround is a neat and secure way of avoiding ground loops, the diagrams are here and I suggest you implement it from the outset.
Last edited by neikeel on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Goonies
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: MetroAmp 12 series Turret Jumpers, back or front?

Post by Goonies » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:36 am

neikeel wrote:[quote="Goonies]The 68 is it really noisy? is it really better with Larry ground scheme? i never played a 68 plexi before

i will start my thread on 12 series build to get help (when the marstran transformers arrive).

thanks!!!
If you take care, do not rush it and use the resources above I am sure you will be ok. I would not drill the board unless I had a decent pillar drill, jig and several correct size drill bits to hand.

A 68 can have some hum from the OT and PT alignment and can get PO if you are not meticulous about lead dress rules, the origianl amps do not have much in the way of noise issues in my experience, it is the ones that have been messed with that do.
Larry's fround is a neat and secure way of avoiding ground loops, the diagrams are here and I suggest you implement it from the outset.[/quote][/quote]

neikeel,

thanks! i will read about larry´s ground before start;