Metro FX Loop Problem

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Severinsteel
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Metro FX Loop Problem

Post by Severinsteel » Mon May 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi folks! I hate to post this as my first thread here, but I need help with my Metro FX loop. The loop was installed by Dave Friedman in my modded Marshall JMP. When the loop works, it sounds great! Here is my problem. When the loop is engaged, the signal will periodically drop significantly in volume and there will be a loud humming sound. This sometimes happens when I first turn on the amp, and also periodically while I'm playing the amp. If I flick the bypass switch on and off, or even jiggle the jacks a bit, the signal comes back in full force. But then it will go back out at random times. I've cleaned the jacks themselves, and I know the cabling isn't an issue, since I've tried the same cables/ pedals with different amps (with no issues).

Is there any sort of warranty on the loops, or do I have to go and buy a new one? What's my best course of action?

Thanks!

SDM
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Metro FX Loop Problem

Post by SDM » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:40 pm

Know this is an older post, hopefully now long resolved, but likely you just have a bad bypass switch.

Wouldn't hurt to check or retouch the solder joints on the existing switch to be sure nothing is amiss there first. Unlikely as Dave installed it, but still worth a try.

No luck there, I'm sure Metro would help you with getting a new switch to you. Hopefully swapping it out for the old is something you are (or perhaps already were in this case) able to do easily yourself.

RACKSYSTEMS

Re: Metro FX Loop Problem

Post by RACKSYSTEMS » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 am

I agree sounds like a bad switch.
Rack Systems / Tone Merchants
5419 Cleon Ave.
North Hollywood, Ca. 91601
[818] 209-4309
Racksystems@yahoo.com
Tonemerchants.com