12 Series With Detachable Power Cord?

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Analogman88
Just the numbers in order: 13492

12 Series With Detachable Power Cord?

Post by Analogman88 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello MetroAmpers,

Does anyone know if George can make a Metropoulos 12000 Plexi with a detachable power cord? from the close-up photos on the site they appear to be hardwired straight into the chassis. I would like to be able to fit the head into my flight case is the only reason I ask. Figured I'd ask here since my email on the site wouldn't submit :what:

One more question before I make up my mind: Does anyone know if George is playing a 12 or a 10 in the speaker shootout demo? He says a 50 watt and he says a 67 cabinet but does not specify 12000 or 10000 head. If that was a 10 I just might order one of those instead. http://plexireplicas.com/true-replica-c ... -cabinets/ Thanks in advance guys!

neikeel

Re: 12 Series With Detachable Power Cord?

Post by neikeel » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:49 pm

I am sure George will chip in re: the cord

The speaker clip is using a 50w head so the 10,000 and 12,000 do not really apply (these are typically shared V1 cathode and split v1 cathode 100w amps respectively). The 50 sounds like a typical v late plexi/early metal panel spec amp on channel 1 with mids and treble boosted and bass down a little. I tend to gig with a 50w very much like that one.
You could not run a 4x12 with those speakers at those settings without an MV or attenuator, they would melt (except the Scumbacks).
This afternoon I was pushing my 68SL through a 68B cab with Hs and an attenuator and it achieved those tones (the attenuator adds the compression you hear in the clips to a certain extent). Best bit is the response to playing dynamics and guitar controls.
Neil