Marshall "Modern" Voltage Selector

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Brad H
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Marshall "Modern" Voltage Selector

Post by Brad H » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:08 am

Hey guys, need a little assistance. Wiring in a "modern" Marshall voltage selector on a new JMP 2203 build, and need to know which terminal corresponds to which voltage. Numbered 1-6, obviously only using three of the six (110/220/230), and of course the common center terminal, but no diagram as to which is which. Not worried about wire color, as that changes with transformer make/model, just need to know which numbered terminal goes to which voltage setting.

Thanks for the help!!!!

RockinRocket

Re: Marshall "Modern" Voltage Selector

Post by RockinRocket » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:28 am

Easy way to test this stuff is a Multi meter connected to the common center with a resistor and adjust taps to see for your self. Trust me, knowing for your self is a lot more relieving than some one telling you info that ends up being worng!

Brad H

Post by Brad H » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 pm

You know what? That totally just made me realize how easy this is. I suppose I could just check for continuity between the center terminal and each pin as I change the switch positions, right? I'm talking about a new switch that's not hooked up. So I should get continuity on 110 when I have my lead on the correct pin, and the switch is set to 110, and so on. Shouldn't need a resistor if the switch isn't hooked up. I don't know, maybe that's too easy, but it makes sense in my head, haha!

Thanks for the reply!

AJW

Post by AJW » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Yes, that is the way to do it. Just check continuity on the switch in the different positions. :thumbsup: