metro fx loop qustion

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

tpruitt
Just the numbers in order: 7

metro fx loop qustion

Post by tpruitt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:16 pm

1) if i install the loop without the on/off switch ,do i have to use a patch cable if i am not using the loop?

2) i would like to put the -20/+4 dip on a switch outside the amp.is there any info out there on how to do this?

thanks

neikeel

Re: metro fx loop qustion

Post by neikeel » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:33 pm

I can answer the first question = no, it is very transparent and I could not tell the difference - which is why I did not use the switch on the last couple.

I do like the idea of having the level switch on the back and I am pretty sure it is easy enough to do but would need a close up of the board of the latest version to say for sure.

Edit: The CTS 206-211 is a DPST switch

So if you can desolder the switch from the board and use the wires supplied for on/off to run them to your kit switch you should be good to go. Of course doing that to the board may invalidate your warranty. Might be worth installing the kit first, setting it up and once you are happy with it then do the mod.
Neil

tpruitt
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by tpruitt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:52 pm

i figured i could use the switch to wire the -20/+4 but i was sure if i had to use a patch cable on the loop if i wasnt using it.
thank you so much for the fast reply.

Brad H
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Brad H » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 am

Same question, but want to keep the bypass switch. Would be great to have that set of instructions on exactly how to wire up another switch for external line/pedal level switching. Anyone have any ideas? Think I’m going to order one, and just hang onto it until I figure it out...THEN install it. Should be fairly easy I would think?

Brad H
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Brad H » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:16 am

Assuming I can get this accomplished with a mini toggle spdt switch from metro website? Anyone have a better idea?