Detailed Marshall circuit info

Everything from original vintage Marshalls to reissues.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

bob

Post by bob » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:43 pm

i saw them last week, they were touring with blackfoot, we got 2 headline bands for the price of 1!!

i agree they are very good.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:17 pm

did anyone realise that they are using the original for a show in a couple of weeks? one off chance before the sale from what i heard!

macula56

Post by macula56 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:14 pm

the OEI and Clay's site are excellent. that's kind of how i've figured out which model 50 watt i have. still not a hundred percent sure but pretty close.
Welcome to the BootyRanch.

paul j

Post by paul j » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:01 pm

what happened to the detail on the hendrix amp, antone have it?

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:39 pm

I have some pics, notes and a schematic from the JTM45 group I can send around. Better be on broadband though......

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:53 pm

i want that amp...... too much to handle!

i am sooooo jealous!!!!!!

frankie

Post by frankie » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:26 pm

i see there is a new Amp launched by Marshall based on the Hendrix one. cool!

Voodoo Amps

Post by Voodoo Amps » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:36 am

hey george, after browsing the above site, I wonder why you don't stock Obsolete Electronics transformers.

History of OEI;

I received 1 of 5 prototypes of the first 50 watt plexi-spec OTs (probably still have it) that was hand wound by Stephen Delft. I was immediately sold and became OEI's biggest advocate. Shortly there after I took over the shipping of the 50 watters. Approximately a year later we introduced the 100 watt plexi OT's and roughly one year after that the 30 watt Vox AC30 OT's were incorporated into the product line.

Interesting side note; The 1st 100 plexi-spec prototype still resides in a Voodoo Modified JCM800 2203 owned by Alex Perialas of Pyramid Sound Studios and has been on countless albums over the years).

Joe worked a day job that demanded a great deal of time. Approximately 4-5 years ago Joe and his wife started a family. Joe chose to focus his free time on his family (rightly so) and quietly closed the business.

Though opposed my many at the time I was of the first techs to be vocal regarding the fact that all transformers are not created equal and the impact on the tone as well as feel was substantial. At the time this was met with a great deal of opposition by well known techs (dismissed a myth). Fast forward to present day and this information is almost common knowledge. There may well be posts that reflect this in the achieves of the Ampage (www.firebottle.com). Interestingly enough OEI started as a co-op of sorts with the main intent of bringing better tone to DIY'ers and players alike. The concept quickly grew into a business and the hand wound transformers were replaced by computer wound transformers (I prefer the tone of the hand wound transformers).

For those interested;
A few months back I came across 2 or 3 50 watt OT's that we pulled from amps. They function perfectly fine and if anyone is interested we sell them for $40.00 each (Reg $110.00 new).

We also have the last 4 hand-wound single-ended OT's made by Mr Delft for the AX84 forum (back when it first started). These were wound in April of 2004, the secondary has 4, 8 16ohm taps and this info is was hand written by Mr Delft on the transformers (see pics). We used to use these all the time for mods/upgrades for Fender Champs, Vibro Champs, etc until we were no longer were able to acquire them. They sound amazing and could use a good home where they will be appreciated. We paid $75.00 per tranny including over-seas shipping/customs fees however we are happy to sell them for $40.00 in the hopes they will go to a good home.

There also used to be a lot of great people/techs who frequented the Ampage in the early days of it's inception (IE: Bruce Collins, Paul Cochran, Marc Cameron, Kevin O'Conner, Randall Aiken, Dave Stork, Richie Hall, etc) and nearly all of which have gone on to form their own amp companies. The camaraderie of the old Ampage reminds me a lot of this forum (very heart warming).

Merry Christmas to all!
Trace
Attachments
Delft AX84 SE OT #01.jpg
Delft AX84 SE OT #01.jpg (320.66 KiB) Viewed 12487 times
Delft AX84 SE OT #02.jpg
Delft AX84 SE OT #02.jpg (302.96 KiB) Viewed 12485 times
Last edited by Voodoo Amps on Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:23 am

Trace Im a fan of OEI tranys but sadly I dont have any anymore. Too bad you cant get them Id love another 100W.

goneracin

Post by goneracin » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:56 am

I used a few OEI's also, and thought they were very good. I tried for awhile to buy enough from him to use them exclusively but didnt hear much back from him.

Voodoo Amps

Post by Voodoo Amps » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:54 pm

Trace Im a fan of OEI tranys but sadly I dont have any anymore. Too bad you cant get them Id love another 100W.

If I had a 100 watt OEI OT Billy I would most definitely offer it to you. I was not only a honor but I was also proud to be a part of OEI as it brought tone to many.

Seasons greetings!
Trace

Voodoo Amps

Post by Voodoo Amps » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:55 pm

I used a few OEI's also, and thought they were very good. I tried for awhile to buy enough from him to use them exclusively but didnt hear much back from him.

I myself was not in the know on that my friend (see above regarding the company closing). I have not yet had the pleasure of playing on one of your amps but I have heard good things. Happy holidays to you and I hope you have a great New Years Eve!

Enjoy the holiday week :)
Trace

Voodoo Amps

Post by Voodoo Amps » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:56 pm

Apologies, some how there was a double posting

Trace

Voodoo Amps

Post by Voodoo Amps » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:09 am

Update - I double checked and we only have three (3) 50 watt OT's in stock and five (5) SE OT's but no 30 watters or 100 watters.

Hope it helps
Trace

darrell

Post by darrell » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:47 am

www.obsoleteelectronics.com Not Available
The domain www.obsoleteelectronics.com which you are trying to access is currently unavailable. This may occur for several reasons -- the name may have changed, or it may have moved to a new location. Please try to access the site later, or contact the site's administrator.

Does any one know what happen?