S.I.R. 100W SuperLead Schematic pt. II

Everything from original vintage Marshalls to reissues.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

rockgod212
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: S.I.R. 100W SuperLead Schematic pt. II

Post by rockgod212 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:56 pm

i thought it sounded like it had more low end when he stepped on the #34 switch.........
"purple power rules"

gibsonclassic2001

Post by gibsonclassic2001 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:32 am

stoof wrote:here is the 1st offical AFD 100 sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehwnoo1sFxU&feature=sub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I find strange that AFD channel (2nd) has more low end than 34 (1st) :?:

Sounds great to me though... :D

Why do they use a LP standard burstbucker with 1960B Celestion G12T-75w when the rest is of the videos are made with LP 50s wire slash pups and Celestion G12 vintage 30`s?

They should have done all videos with the same gear :x

My local store will have this in their amp room in a couple of weeks.
Im gonna do some sample´s of it with LP 50s wire slash pups and Celestion G12 vintage 30`s.
Shure sm57 to my laptop or similar :lol:

bennyx

Post by bennyx » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:48 pm

this is the comment of Dave, the man who have made the Slash's rack and pedalboard:
"Oh great they made it shitty. Shitty transformers all pc mount build etc. That is not like the amp they modeled it from. Why does Marshall do this stuff. All they have to do is take there reissue 800 and mod it with the specs and bam you got the amp it was made from".
and this is the reply of Santiago:
"Hi, without going into personal disqualifications, the answer is very easy, as the AFD amp and the #34 Slash's fav are 90% the same amp It simply needs to switch a gain stage and a couple of other things and there you are, quite simple and effective. In fact I can 100% assure you that the AFD100 in #34 mode is the same amp as Slash has been playing.

The AFD100 never pretended to be a replica of the original amp, just an amp that has that tone and for those purposes we have had Slash working with us. If we had made a "true" replica it would have retailed form much more than it is now and one of the objectives was to make this amp affordable, but that doesn't mean cheap parts, or made overseas. It is made in the UK and all the parts are the same as we would be using in handwired amps.

There is nothing digital in the signal chain either, no 1s or 0s touching the signal, the only 1s an 0s are for the autobiasing and the footswitch.

The transformers are the SAME as in the JCM800, just horizontally mounted instead of vertical."

[...]

"I have to disagree though that the AFD is a DSL100 with a twist or two as they are completely different amps, and, although they cold look the same inside, a closer look will reveal that they are built in totally different ways.

We never wanted to make a replica of the original amp (not even Slash wanted that) this was made clear from the very begining and the intention never was to have a SIR modded Marshall made by Marshall... We met Slash several months ago and he told us his preferences and what he wanted, being the basic tone based on the AFD amp and then some added features."
for me Santiago don't have excuses.....AFD100 is failed...

rockgod212

Post by rockgod212 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:33 pm

i agree that the amp sounds good, but it should have been handwired PTP and with a more vintage type build. marshall is just worried about making a profit instead of making a great amp that will stand the test of time. maybe since they parted ways with korg, they will get their act together and start making great amps again. thats what happens when you have big business involved, quality suffers in lue of profits. if the original circuit wasnt broke why fix it, it should have been more authentic to the original classic marshall sound. marshall FAILED with this in my honest opinion. most of us on here have no formal training in amp building but, yet we all seem to have built a better amp than marshall has. it would have been nice if they offered it in a special limited edition PTP version for us pure tone junkies.

but in that clip.....he never has the power past half, so i would like to hear it wide open and the volume controlled from the master only. people who dont know any better will rush out and buy it though, i wonder what the price tag on this thing is gonna be? probably at least $2500.00?

i still i cant wait to do an a/b test with my amp and compare it to the marshall AFD....
"purple power rules"

gibsonclassic2001

Post by gibsonclassic2001 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:45 pm

rockgod212 wrote:i agree that the amp sounds good, but it should have been handwired PTP and with a more vintage type build. marshall is just worried about making a profit instead of making a great amp that will stand the test of time. maybe since they parted ways with korg, they will get their act together and start making great amps again. thats what happens when you have big business involved, quality suffers in lue of profits. if the original circuit wasnt broke why fix it, it should have been more authentic to the original classic marshall sound. marshall FAILED with this in my honest opinion. most of us on here have no formal training in amp building but, yet we all seem to have built a better amp than marshall has. it would have been nice if they offered it in a special limited edition PTP version for us pure tone junkies.

but in that clip.....he never has the power past half, so i would like to hear it wide open and the volume controlled from the master only. people who dont know any better will rush out and buy it though, i wonder what the price tag on this thing is gonna be? probably at least $2500.00?

i still i cant wait to do an a/b test with my amp and compare it to the marshall AFD....
Price is 1850$ here in sweden

stoof

Post by stoof » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:06 am

1350 euros in France.

gitarenkraak

Post by gitarenkraak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34 am

for me Santiago don't have excuses.....AFD100 is failed...[/quote]

what are you talking about, i think you're full of shit, the AFD seems to be build with quality parts, build in the UK and for a price tag of 1199 pounds, and the amps seems to sound just awesome, really awesome.
these 2300 units will be sold very quickly, that'smy guess, so saying the amp has failed is total and utter bullshit.

bennyx

Post by bennyx » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:19 pm

what are you talking about, i think you're full of shit, the AFD seems to be build with quality parts, build in the UK and for a price tag of 1199 pounds, and the amps seems to sound just awesome, really awesome.
these 2300 units will be sold very quickly, that'smy guess, so saying the amp has failed is total and utter bullshit.
Tell that to Dave, the slash tech ..... apparently does not share your same idea ...

and not feel much in common with the sound of AFD

certainly happen what you say, but the sound of appetite i'snt nailed to anything ..... they just cloned directly from the #34 slash's head

gitarenkraak

Post by gitarenkraak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:53 pm

bennyx wrote:
Tell that to Dave, the slash tech ..... apparently does not share your same idea ...

and not feel much in common with the sound of AFD

certainly happen what you say, but the sound of appetite i'snt nailed to anything ..... they just cloned directly from the #34 slash's head
well, if you insist,

hi dave,

bennyx

Post by bennyx » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:23 pm

what is your problem man? :roll:

gitarenkraak

Post by gitarenkraak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:24 pm

bennyx wrote:what is your problem man? :roll:
i dont really have a problem, i just told you what i think of you, maybe you and all those other nah sayers should wait putting new stuff down untill you've actually played, heard and seen it with your own eyes before calling stuff a failure.
I also think the way Marshall shared the development of the amp thru the AFD site, and having both Slash and Santiago posting comments, and taking all the suggestions from the fans seriously and replying to them, deserves some credit.

thats all :wink:

Roe

Post by Roe » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:09 pm

guys, please focus on the schematic and the layout
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:46 pm

Whether or not the Marshall has failed in anybody's opinion is irrelevent.
For the money, it seems quite good. And it will sell out.
The fact that WE personally can build better is also irrelevent, as we could never set up business and produce one fully manufactured for the same money and make a profit.

I find it quite fruitless even giving that amp any discussion time on this thread though, since it doesn't really fit the bill anyways.

If anybody actually wants something very close to the real thing, that amp will never deliver.
Those that like it will buy one. Those that want the real thing will have to build one.

Simple, no?

I can only applaud Marshall for managing to keep the price so low, and get so many people interested, but I for one will never buy another Marshall again so long as I live.

Unless of course it's a pre-JCM900 era Marshall. :lol:
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Twiller

Post by Twiller » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:48 am

bennyx wrote: for me Santiago don't have excuses.....AFD100 is failed...
I didn't expect any other comment from someone who spent several years of his life and money in hunting down a tone that very soon people can go into a store and buy for an affordable price.

Sorry bennyx, but I think you failed.

And it is absolutely ridiculous to insist on using the same circuit/layout blabla that the original amp had as long as the goal, recreating the Appetite tone, is achieved. And I'm sorry to say, but the little video of the AFD100 has more AFD vibe than all sound samples posted in this thread.

btw: Chet, Slash's real amp tech and not some guy who made a pedalboard, stated several times that the new amp is great.

bennyx

Post by bennyx » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 am

I didn't expect any other comment from someone who spent several years of his life and money in hunting down a tone that very soon people can go into a store and buy for an affordable price.

Sorry bennyx, but I think you failed.

And it is absolutely ridiculous to insist on using the same circuit/layout blabla that the original amp had as long as the goal, recreating the Appetite tone, is achieved. And I'm sorry to say, but the little video of the AFD100 has more AFD vibe than all sound samples posted in this thread.

btw: Chet, Slash's real amp tech and not some guy who made a pedalboard, stated several times that the new amp is great
if you're convinced i will leave your conviction ........ we'll see if I can convince you with facts to the contrary.....from now on will not write about any other comments ... will post only exclusively clips