S.I.R. 100W SuperLead Schematic pt. II

Everything from original vintage Marshalls to reissues.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

novosibir
Just the numbers in order: 7

S.I.R. 100W SuperLead Schematic pt. II

Post by novosibir » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm

novosibir wrote:
Grosh_Guitars wrote:However Slash or Marshall could just as easily join the forum and read it anyway.
They probably are already here a long time, under pseudonym :mrgreen:
... and you haven't to join the forum for reading only, just if you want to write :wink:

Larry
Bainzy wrote:I like what Larry said. If you can move it to a private area, please do! :D

Coming to think of it, if it was in a private area, people might be a bit more open about specs. The amount of time over the years I've been given amp mods only to be told "don't make it public"...
Done!

Further discussion 'not as specific as before' can be continued here.

Larry

Edit from Wed Dec 29, 2010:

In the first post on page #140 you now can find links to the layouts from:

- S.I.R. mod #34 - Slash's sound on the 'Use Your Illusion' album

- S.I.R. mod #36 - Slash's sound on the 'Appetite For Destruction' album

The layouts were posted by our member ryu today.

Also on page #140 right below in the second post our member a-wai has posted links to the schems of the S.I.R. mods #34 and #36 accordingly to the layouts of ryu, which he's drawn himself w/ JSchem.

Of course I can't guarantee for the properness of these layouts and schems. :what: :mrgreen:

Larry
The fault almost always is sitting in front of the amp :wink:

Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery

rfab2322

Re: S.I.R. 100W SuperLead Schematic pt. II

Post by rfab2322 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Larry, I've been following the original thread for a while now. Is there any way for me to still follow the original one that got moved? Thanks.
Rich

Gibson 58' reissue Les Paul, Metro 50watt Plexi, Marshall Vintage/Modern.

Kapo_Polenton

Post by Kapo_Polenton » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Good point.. how can we view it now privately as resource material? My "caswell diy " build is back on the bench and i may need to reference some of staalhoofd's posts. I also wonder how you can really keep the thread hidden seeing as anyone on this forum can say they were following it. I still think we should out it in the layout section and make it public so it is no biggie. Maybe AFTER they release their version. I am also confused as to why they wouldn't just hire Caswell or Levi.. you can bet your ass they already bought a Caswell modded marshall under a "Joe Smyth" name and are looking through it in an attempt to have a starting point anyway. This way you don't have to gice credit and $ to the designers who assist them.

Also, does anyone like my idea of doing a build site to rival MArshall's? Would be fun..

novosibir

Post by novosibir » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:41 pm

rfab2322 wrote:Larry, I've been following the original thread for a while now. Is there any way for me to still follow the original one that got moved? Thanks.
Sorry, no way at the moment.
After some recommendations and after the permission of Bainzy I've moved it temporarily off public.
Some later this year I'll move it back into this forum again, presumably after Marshall has introduced the Slash model.

Hope you all understand the "why" - and TIA for your patience!

Larry

novosibir

Post by novosibir » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Kapo_Polenton wrote:Also, does anyone like my idea of doing a build site to rival MArshall's? Would be fun..
I think that there's no need for a rival against Marshall, because I'm convinced, that all what's arising besides will be sounding better and more original, than this mass produced Marshall, what's coming out soon.

Larry

rd2play

Post by rd2play » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:25 pm

I believe it's way too late for the thread removal. If the Marshall people found something interesting here you bet they already have it by now. However, I do understand the decision.
Last edited by rd2play on Wed May 19, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rfab2322

Post by rfab2322 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm afraid they may already have all the info from this site....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNgV9xJHFlY And it had to be this site, I have never seen as much detailed info regarding the AFD amp as I have here. Now someone needs to buy one when they come out and see if the schematic resembles the ones posted here. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :cry:
Rich

Gibson 58' reissue Les Paul, Metro 50watt Plexi, Marshall Vintage/Modern.

antosimoni

Post by antosimoni » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:36 am

+1
I understand your points but Marshall is not starting now (Slash stated that they were developing the amp in some interviews months ago) so if Marshall took things from net they have already done it by a lot of time
in loudspeakers we trust

edge11

Post by edge11 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 am

Like i said in thread, if that was brainzy's choice, I'll respect it.
I'm still expecting some help with The mods I am doing to make the pre in my Jet city into the pre of the #39. I have the Pdf that EZsemanate made for the S.I.R super lead and have changed the values of the Jet city adoringly. So thing is I don't want to make a new thread because the schematic i modded for the jca is basicly the same as the specs in that pdf, i feel that I would be betraying trust if i posted it. So where do i go for help? PM?
Also can any one explain how the plexi/800 switch worked and how the 4th tube on/off worked? (there was a layout on page 43 or 44 of the original thread)

Staalhoofd

Post by Staalhoofd » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:07 am

Larry strikes again!

I guess you could call this damage control, but then again I do think it's too late. The specs are already out there.

P.S.

Do you think there's a way I could copyright my own spec?
Marshall 73 50W
Marshall 74 100W
Marshall 81 JCM800 100W / SIR#34
Metroamp 100W SIR#36
Randall RG100ES
Marshall EL34 50/50
ADA MP1 3TM
Marshall JMP1

6burgh

Post by 6burgh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:12 am

I've got the switching mod for the fourth preamp tube that is based on SDMs 1959/2203 switch. As far as going forward, what should be the community protocols for still sharing information? Should we operate by PM and are there any "rules" for how closely we hold details? I was actually considering giving my details to Bainzy for his site with sound clips after I finish everything. Obviously his site is open info too...

And Staalhoofd, copyrighting is actually very straightforward. It applies for written material as soon as it's created by simply stating that the material is copyrighted, by whom, and dating the material. You can go one step further and then register your design as well. If you mean Patent, then that's a different animal but much more complete in terms of safeguarding your design.

Roe

Post by Roe » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:57 am

you can still read the old thread by using google's buffer or what it is called
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

Staalhoofd

Post by Staalhoofd » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:03 am

Well Mr. Marshall,

In that case I hereby state that my design is copyrighted :D
Let the cash roll in.

Now seriously: this is rediculous :lol:
Marshall 73 50W
Marshall 74 100W
Metroamp 100W SIR#36
Randall RG100ES
Marshall EL34 50/50
ADA MP1 3TM
Marshall JMP1

novosibir

Post by novosibir » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:24 am

Staalhoofd wrote:I guess you could call this damage control, but then again I do think it's too late.
Probably, but who knows - better now than not at all.
Staalhoofd wrote:Do you think there's a way I could copyright my own spec?
If there's been a possibility earlier, then here it's definitely too late, because you only can copyright (or pending a patent on) your findings as long, as they're new. As soon as they've been made public (on a trade show, in magazines, in web forums, ...) they're no longer new, but 'state of the art' :wink:

But anyway concerning amps you only can protect new circuit designs, which weren't in use anywhere before. But cascading gain stages isn't a new circuit design, it's 'state of the art' - and the use of different component values, even if they're 'very unusual' you also can't protect.

Only in the USA there's a chance of pending patents of this kind, although they're state of the art, because the PTO (United States Trademark and Patent Office) always was and still is understaffed and underqualified in many cases, to verify the real patentability of the pended things. But already granted patents of the PTO sometimes easily can be revoked.

Larry

Staalhoofd

Post by Staalhoofd » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 am

Wow,

Thanks for the info Larry. Good to know that. To be honest, I wasn't that serious anyway.

We'll just have to see what Marshall comes up with.
Marshall 73 50W
Marshall 74 100W
Metroamp 100W SIR#36
Randall RG100ES
Marshall EL34 50/50
ADA MP1 3TM
Marshall JMP1