.68uf Chicklets. These look right?

Everything from original vintage Marshalls to reissues.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

.68uf Chicklets. These look right?

Post by RockinRocket » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:16 am

These look right to you guys? All the photos I have except one have scripts that are blury to read. The photo has the Post Office script of 8017B like mine have. It has the rounded edges, seam down the fat side and one slightly angled corner with the round bump on the side. Like the photo. Only thing different is it shows the tolerance, the 69/1 date and MPB codes. The one in the Marshall said MUO. Have no idea what that scrip means.

The other cap I think I saw one photo that looked similar but the photo wasn't clear. This one dosnt have rounded corners or a round bump on its side. Next to the .68uf it shows the tolerance that I believe the photo had.

So both different styled caps I have both have the same date code but why are they different?

Tazin

Re: .68uf Chicklets. These look right?

Post by Tazin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Philips is/was a huge conglomerate with subsidiaries all over the globe. Even though the subsidiaries produced the same basic components in different areas of the world the machinery, tooling, molding dies, etc., were local to the plants location. This is why you see the same basic product with slightly different appearance or markings.

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by RockinRocket » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Can we assume MPB is the plant designation? Like how a mustard could have the date BOW. B being 2nd quarter of 70' in plant W. In this case W is Holland.

Tazin

Post by Tazin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:54 pm

RockinRocket wrote:Can we assume MPB is the plant designation? Like how a mustard could have the date BOW. B being 2nd quarter of 70' in plant W. In this case W is Holland.
It's probably a fair assumption since there would have to be a way for the parent company to id the components origin in case of a quality control issue.