Looking for JTM50 Clone Parts list

Everything from original vintage Marshalls to reissues.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Gorilla72
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Looking for JTM50 Clone Parts list

Post by Gorilla72 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:24 am

Hi folks,
I've been reading the boards thru my online searches and saw some members have built some cloned JTM50 amps over the years. I was wondering if someone can help me out with a parts list to build one with a SS Rectifier. I know it wont be spot on as an original 67 Marshall Black Flag JTM 50 but looking to get something in the ball park and fill my need & desire for this tone.

I use to be a member here years ago but I lost my password and username info so I had to re-register and start over.

Any help would be appreciated.

danman

Re: Looking for JTM50 Clone Parts list

Post by danman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm not sure if I have ever run across a bill of materials for the JTM 50 online. I'm sure it exist somewhere. You could take the schematic and make a list. Check out Valvestorm as they have pretty good build list for most of the older Marshalls...http://valvestorm.com/Build%20CheckLists

Gorilla72

Post by Gorilla72 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 am

Thank you for the reply danman. I wasnt aware of valvestorm's website.

Would you know where I can find info out on what exactly is used in marshall amps for a JTM 50? Ive been reading alot of folks building them but havent come across the parts they used. Ive been trying to reach a few of them but its from a few years ago and Im not sure they are still active members. I was hoping they may see this post and chime in. :)

danman

Post by danman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Are you looking to find a parts value list or actual brand names of the particular components used in the originals? You could try messaging "neikeel" here on the forum. He is very knowledgeable about the differences in the vintage Marshalls and could probably get you the info you need?

danman

Post by danman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Check out "kdmay" in the "do it yourself build" sub-forum. He just finished a very nice JTM 50 build and may be of some help.