KT88's in 69 Marshall ~Live Band Recordings~

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:02 am

Man, Eric... I swear you stole Jimmy's gear. Does he know it's missing ?
Fuckin' KILLER shit Man !
I've been sitting here for a good 15 minutes and don't know what to say/type....no shit.... I just keep looking at the screen...
So many good.... NO... GREAT players here.

I just recently corrupted a friend of mine with the idea of getting a worthy 4 conductor bridge pickup and a push/pull tone pot.
After hearing my "Jimmy Paul" he was convinced it was a no brainer and that he could can easily revert his Murphy back to the way it was...

Outstanding My Good Man !
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Myopic Void
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Myopic Void » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:33 pm

JimiJames wrote:Man, Eric... I swear you stole Jimmy's gear. Does he know it's missing ?
Fuckin' KILLER shit Man !
I've been sitting here for a good 15 minutes and don't know what to say/type....no shit.... I just keep looking at the screen...
So many good.... NO... GREAT players here.

Outstanding My Good Man !
JimiJames---Glad you dig it! Thank you for the great feedback... it really means a lot! :) :)

Cheers,

Eric

OdgeUK

Post by OdgeUK » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:50 am

Myopic, I always love all your clips. Your sound makes a mockery of all those people who say "You'll NEVER get Page's tone, without Page's fingers.".

Unless you stole Jimmy's fingers? You didn't did you? :lol:

I would love to hear your band in person and have those two cabs lift me right off my feet! You must be LOUD!! :shock:
73 JMP 1987 w/LarMar
78 JMP 1987
79 2104
Peavey JSX 120
Marshall 1936 G12-65
Gibson LP Custom, Squier CV 50's Strat w/SD '59

Mr. Beasty

Post by Mr. Beasty » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Myopic Void wrote:
NitroLiq wrote:Eric, you crack me up. So many people spend hundreds of dollars to put a leash on their 50s and 100s and you're making yours louder and louder. I think I need to move to that part of FL! :lol:
I dont really have a choice using the KT88's now :shock:. Speakers will die left and right unless multiple 4x12 cabs are used. The upshot is I like the sound of two cabs. I don't see a return to one 4x12 again. I can feel it better too, plus I swear there is a tone difference. Perhaps the OT's 8ohm tap plays a part along with the additional speakers? Anyways I needed more power to compete with my bandmates rigs.

Cheers,

Eric
I noticed that too ... but I think it comes from the interaction of 8 speakers versus 4 ... it pushes more air, phase cancellation is more important with 8 speakers than w/ 4, etc ... or maybe it's just Majik :wink: ?
http://www.fuzzymonsters.com
http://www.myspace.com/fuzzymonsters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Myopic Void

Post by Myopic Void » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:18 pm

OdgeUK wrote:Myopic, I always love all your clips. Your sound makes a mockery of all those people who say "You'll NEVER get Page's tone, without Page's fingers.".

Unless you stole Jimmy's fingers? You didn't did you? :lol:

I would love to hear your band in person and have those two cabs lift me right off my feet! You must be LOUD!! :shock:
Thanks for the great feedback... I sincerely appreciate it :D :D I do enjoy two Cabs :twisted: Good to see you around Odge...I have not seen as much of you lately. I hope all is well in the UK.

Cheers,

Eric

Myopic Void

Post by Myopic Void » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Mr. Beasty wrote:
Myopic Void wrote:
NitroLiq wrote:Eric, you crack me up. So many people spend hundreds of dollars to put a leash on their 50s and 100s and you're making yours louder and louder. I think I need to move to that part of FL! :lol:
I dont really have a choice using the KT88's now :shock:. Speakers will die left and right unless multiple 4x12 cabs are used. The upshot is I like the sound of two cabs. I don't see a return to one 4x12 again. I can feel it better too, plus I swear there is a tone difference. Perhaps the OT's 8ohm tap plays a part along with the additional speakers? Anyways I needed more power to compete with my bandmates rigs.

Cheers,

Eric
I noticed that too ... but I think it comes from the interaction of 8 speakers versus 4 ... it pushes more air, phase cancellation is more important with 8 speakers than w/ 4, etc ... or maybe it's just Majik :wink: ?
I suspect more speakers means the less beamy it is and fuller sounding altogether. It feels a lot better I can say that and the notes are more open :D .

Below is one last clip for this thread from last nights rehearsal session using the bridge PU for a rough draft run on the solo turn. It's from the new number Cocaine Mummy's

OdgeUK

Post by OdgeUK » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Myopic Void wrote:Good to see you around Odge...I have not seen as much of you lately. I hope all is well in the UK.
Eric
S'all good Eric. Ta. 8) Been lurking rather than posting lately. Been a very crazy couple of months at home. Keep the clips coming. :D
73 JMP 1987 w/LarMar
78 JMP 1987
79 2104
Peavey JSX 120
Marshall 1936 G12-65

Zoso

Post by Zoso » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Man, that sounds incredible. That singing, semi-clean Page tone has got to be my absolute favorite of all time and you have nailed it. Plus, the playing is excellent. So what would you estimate the power those 88's are putting out to be? I've heard of 100 watt Marshalls with EL34's putting out 120+ watts, so I imagine these are up there. But that headroom sounds outstanding. A definite part of the equation, along with the extra cab I imagine.
What good is my wisdom
When there are no words to say
How I feel everday ?

Myopic Void

Post by Myopic Void » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:32 pm

Zoso wrote:Man, that sounds incredible. That singing, semi-clean Page tone has got to be my absolute favorite of all time and you have nailed it. Plus, the playing is excellent. So what would you estimate the power those 88's are putting out to be? I've heard of 100 watt Marshalls with EL34's putting out 120+ watts, so I imagine these are up there. But that headroom sounds outstanding. A definite part of the equation, along with the extra cab I imagine.
Glad you dig it ZOSO!!! I am going to guess 175-200 watts around vol 8. Iit will shake you to the core. I like to feel the power as much as hear it. I do have to wear e-plugs though. Always have.. :D :D

I am happy with it...

Cheers,

Eric

OdgeUK

Re: KT88's in 69 Marshall ~Live Band Recordings~

Post by OdgeUK » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 am

What ever happened to Eric (Myopic Void)? He hasn't posted here in over 4 years. His clips were out of this world for Page tone.
73 JMP 1987 w/LarMar
78 JMP 1987
79 2104
Peavey JSX 120
Marshall 1936 G12-65