My Caswell #39,36,34 Tone on stock equipment.. clip inside!

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Grosh_Guitars
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: My Caswell #39,36,34 Tone on stock equipment.. clip inside!

Post by Grosh_Guitars » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Kapo_Polenton wrote:Fair enough, but would you say I am in the ballpark with my clip? I also assume that the mod Frank did is the same one you mentioned that did not involve drilling for an extra tube correct? So #34? (based on what folks have been saying in the other threads i suppose...)
yes you are in the ballpark...:) yes Frank did not drill or add a extra tube. My first amp he did he had to add an extra gain knob to the right of the inputs on my JCM, but when I had the next two mods done he had revised the mod so it didn't need that extra knob. The mod FL did was IMO how those 2203's and 04's should have sounded from the factory.. :D
Sound Clips: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slashsound

Re: My Caswell #39,36,34 Tone on stock equipment.. clip insi

Post by slashsound » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Grosh_Guitars wrote:
Kapo_Polenton wrote:Ok, so there is much debate about which mod was in the amp: 39? 36? 34? Who the hell knows. Having heard the mod and listened to the album for say 20+ years, I have often suggested as many of you have, that the magic was in the EQ and the mix because taht amp alone won't cut like it did on the album no matter how thin and high endy it sounds when you sit in front of the cab.
I disagree. Having owned 3 of these amps back in the mid 80's my amps sounded exactly like the tone Slash got on AFD and also the tone Lynch got on ULK. The reason I had the mods done was because I read a interview with Lynch after ULK came out and I tried to contact Caswell at SIR only to find out he had left by that time and I was introduced to Frank Levi and proceeded with having him do the mods because he came highly recommended by the staff at SIR and was Warren DeMartini's amp tech. BTW Frank says he'll have a amp out by 2010.
Do you know if Levi ever made the new amp for 2010. Do you know if he has a website? I would love for him to make me a #36 and #34