Before and after added tube gain stage.

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Bleedthefreak
Just the numbers in order: 7

Before and after added tube gain stage.

Post by Bleedthefreak » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:45 pm

hey guys,

This is my work in progress. It's a quick clip and not that great of a recording. I will do better next time sorry. I have added a tube for a fourth gain stage in my plexi/2203 MV. I've posted all my values and changes I made in my posts. Please feel free to give me some feedback. This is still a work in progress but getting closer to a smooth/Somewhat compressed/ Lead tone with tight lows that I'm looking for. Thanks
Attachments
marshall mv clone before after.mp3
(641.75 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=915832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bainzy

Re: Before and after added tube gain stage.

Post by Bainzy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:29 am

Nice. Quite a lot of raw sounding midrange still in that amp. What values are you running on the extra stage?
"I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you"

Shred Guitar
Plexi Mods - now with new forum, please join!

Bleedthefreak

Re: Before and after added tube gain stage.

Post by Bleedthefreak » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Well, I've switched it up a bit since then but at the time I believe I had a 220k anode-{ l [<)- 1.5k bypassed with 1uf. Although it was unusable with the preamp past about seven even with all signal wires all shielded. So I backed down on the values for a few of cathodes and went back to 100k for the anode as well.

I should post an update. I did the depth mode on this with a 1M pot and a 4.7nf and wow did that add a lot to it. I think I need to do some more shielding on it 'cause It gets a little crazy when the preamp is at ten where it just happens to sound the best too. Damn the bad luck.

Thanks for replying!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=915832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;