ClinchFX EP-Pre Demos on SoundCloud

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

somethin'else
Just the numbers in order: 7

ClinchFX EP-Pre Demos on SoundCloud

Post by somethin'else » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:13 am

Man! I just joined the Soundcloud site and uploaded some tracks to demo my new EP-Pre from Peter Clinch. I love the pedal already, and without a doubt see it as Always On in my chain. The only other thing in my chain is an old Crybaby, which I left out for these EP-Pre demos.

Soundcloud.com is also a GREAT site for music demo uploads. It's 120 minutes free, and the files I loaded were 16-bit WAVs averaging 17-30MB each! Killer.

About the clips, they are not "Musical" clips, but me just chopping up some riffs to see the difference between having the EP-Pre in or out. Getting to know the pedal. So I tried to set the level of the EP-Pre to the same volume as the regular guitar and amp volume, to see what Basic Sonic Difference there might be. It's there you can tell.

WARNING! Anyone who is completely OVER listening to another wannabe try to sound and play like Jimmy Page may turn back Now! :lol: 'Cause that's what I am, a wannabe, and will always play Zep riffs to check where my rig and my fingers are at. :lol:

Anyway, cool thing about SoundCloud is it actually builds a waveform for the track view, so you're kind of seeing the same thing as in ProTools. Also, you can click anywhere in the track to forward or reverse through, and audition stuff all day long. Click on any of the tracks' Titles takes you to that track's own page for sub-liner notes and descriptions on the track itself.

The setup is my R8 with High Order pups, EP-Pre, MetroAmp '69 12 Series, Ultimate Attenuator knocked down to around 10 o'clock for neighbor's sanity, 2x12 Scumback H75 65watters, Shure SM57, ProTools MBox, mixed straight out no level adjusts to 16-bit WAV files. Don't mind the playin'! I took the time to set the levels, then just went at a bunch of riffs in rapid fashion to stomp on the EP-Pre. Back and forth, back and forth. Oh, and there's the nice, low ground hum 'cause I'm run out back to the shed on jacked power1 :roll:

GREAT JOB PETER on the pedal!! And seriously, George & Jim, for the amp and speakers... man, I just can't believe how incredible my rig is 'cause of you guys!

My favorite is "EP-Pre increasing levels" btw, showing how the volume doesn't change, but the sound just explodes, blooms and catches fire as you dial up on the knob.

Cheers!
http://soundcloud.com/ddbone
dave

somethin'else

Re: ClinchFX EP-Pre Demos on SoundCloud

Post by somethin'else » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:18 pm

You know, I forgot to add that all of my knobs are at 12 o'clock on the amp. Maybe not the best eq for the unaffected setup OR the EP-Pre setup either, but good as far as being neutral, and hearing what the difference really is.

It also made me realize that usually, you'd eq after everything is hooked up, ie, the Pre of an Echoplex always being on regardless of using the tape section or not, and then dialing in your tone after.

So, lots more to play with and find here :D

Cheers!
dave

VintageCharlie

Post by VintageCharlie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for the post, but am i the only one who can't play the tracks? I even registered, but to no avail...

Regards,

VintageCharlie

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Eh, weird VC. I was out of town all weekend at my aunt's in Daytona (anyone see the killer wreck Sat night?) and I checked the clips, as an anonymous visitor, on her PC, just to hear how they sounded on a different setup, and everything worked fine. I did try on my iPhone and a "you don't have priviledges" thing came up. Coulda' been a non-iPhone deal... BIG files, player type etc.

Thanks for trying VC. I haven't heard of SoundCloud Not working, but I'm new to it, too.
dave