soundclip you really got me

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

fivedoors
Just the numbers in order: 7

soundclip you really got me

Post by fivedoors » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:40 am

hi all

This is a soundclip of my 12xxx modded amp. I recorded 2 tracks left/right . I used a vh backing track which is ok except
during the solo where Ed,s reverb sound only is high in the mix . I did this in a rush yesterday afternoon just to see if i could record something at the minimum volume. i.e ihad the mic on the grill and the mic gain on max, not ideal but i wanted to see what the lowest volume i could record the amp at, as i live in a flat and i don,t really want to annoy the neighbours too much.

I used no effects, no eq, just guitar to amp . the only adjustments were panning and levels of the tracks.
I did not bother getting perfect mic position just stuck it on the grill and called it that.
I only changed the presence a bit more on the right , just so i had a very slightly different signal.

I recorded both tracks mono as two complete takes then just panned one left one right, so they are not the same , i,m not trying to mimic Ed , I only used this to test levels as i said, so i wasn,t trying to do it perfect,i dont know the song that well yet, I only really was interested in the section to the solo for my test.

my amp was set at presence 3 on left and 6 on right , to get Ed sound i would have had on 10
bass 7
mid 5
treb 5
vol 1 , i know , strange but true!
gain 6 , gain was vol 2 but i have one channel so vol2 is gain
ppimv 2.5

I am going to do clips of the range of sound i get from the amp, ac/dc to g,n,r to killswitch . all to be recorded with no effects or treatment just dry guitar amp , i have had the amp louder than 1 and it starts to make me smile as it nears 2 and
grin like an idiot at 3 , as you know they all sound better driven :wink:

here,s a link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41560761/youreallygotme1644.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope you like it
cheers john :rocker:
gear , 12xxx 4st gain,marshall tsl, gibson class 5, dean razorback v usa black gold hardware emg,s,
krammer barretta usa emg,s