'67 replica with new Sozo caps sound clip

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:25 pm

Isnt taht all there is on the amps and cabs page in the store?

daneswede

Post by daneswede » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 pm

Billy Batz wrote:that schematic has some bad noise issues apparently. Im not god at building pedals. I dont know why.
I owned a Chandler Tube Driver rackmt version yrs ago. Yes, It was noisy and had some decent tone but they were in the infancy stages building this type circuit at that point. I think the Chandler and BK Butler Real Tube were some of the first 12ax7 type pedals around.

There are a lot of options out there now and many have done away with the noise problems. The VOx Bulldog, Britboost and Big Ben. The Radial Tonebone series, Damage Control Demonizer and Womanizer which looks interesting. Just got the new Guitar One mag w/ cd demoing many of these pedals. AActually liked the Radial stuff best out of this batch. Still dig the Valvedriver over all however. Im dying to run it through a metroamp 66 replica JTM45/100 and still want one. WOnder if george has the sound clips up yet on that amp. Im gasing to hear them!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluesbishop

Post by Bluesbishop » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:22 pm

Wooooooow.....George I've been off the forums for a bit...now I come back,and listen to all of your new soundclips and almost die! I think I've entered a sonic heaven!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The clip for since I've been loving you was the sweetest tone I that I have ever heard from any amp....PERIOD.

Now I have serious amp Jones....thanks George :wink:

WOW

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:24 am

+2 - I want that amp. And I have never heard an amp that sounded like that SIBLY w/ reverb clip....never. Sweet Mother of Jaysus you have hit the grail mang. I am on this like white on rice as soon as the $$ are.

God what a tone. It's hard to say how grateful I am for your doing this.

What is your lead time and deposit requirement George ?

Jim

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Anonymous wrote:+2 - I want that amp. And I have never heard an amp that sounded like that SIBLY w/ reverb clip....never. Sweet Mother of Jaysus you have hit the grail mang. I am on this like white on rice as soon as the $$ are.

Jim
Are you talking about Georges JTM45/100 replica 66' That your gasing for I assume? where did you hear a clip of it? I think I saw one on the same rack of clips with the 67 " Have a Drink On me" Actually, Wait a minute, Isnt that on this thread. FOrgot.. Oh well, I am gasing for Geaorges JTM45/100~!

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:+2 - I want that amp. And I have never heard an amp that sounded like that SIBLY w/ reverb clip....never. Sweet Mother of Jaysus you have hit the grail mang. I am on this like white on rice as soon as the $$ are.

Jim
I can build the '67 replicas now. I should add it to the store listing. The JTM45/100 is on hold until I get an accurate block end chassis. Looks like spring time for that.

The '67 is a stark contrast to the 12 series clips I've posted recently. All of the AC/DC, Free, ZZ Top, Zep tones just seem to ooze from this circuit.
It's more organic and doesn't have the upper midrange aggressive qualities.
Essentially, a JTM45/100 with EL34's and different power supply.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

sub

Post by sub » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:21 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote:AC/DC, Free, ZZ Top, Zep tones just seem to ooze from this circuit.
George
Ahhhhh Can't wait :twisted: :twisted:
GibsonMarshallCelestion

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:35 pm

I can build the '67 replicas now. I should add it to the store listing. The JTM45/100 is on hold until I get an accurate block end chassis. Looks like spring time for that.
I'm excited....someday I'll be reading the History of Metropolous and see how rare the early JTM45/100 clones on the original aluminum chassis were........between you , me and Mighty Mike there are only a handful out there!!!!

Talpa

Post by Talpa » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:10 pm

Flames - I am confused, please clarify:

* The aluminum chassis George had been using are used up? What happened ?

* He is getting new stock made now ? Aluminum or Steel ?

* Aluminum is true to vintage spec correct ?

* Where are the JTM45/100 clips located ?

I am new to this board sorta, I really want to see and hear everything. (JH) :idea:

Thanks - Jim
give the mule what he wants

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:59 pm

The '66 JTM45/100 was built on the same aluminum chassis as the '67 and '68 clones....and those clones sucked George dry. I'd guess a total of five JTM45/100's got built before those ran out, George's prototype, mine and I think Mike did three......
Then the steel chassis run was in, and George wanted to do block-end ali chassis for the JTM45/100's like the '66 he got....so there's no aluminum chassis currently left for any more of these bad boys......

There was one or two JTM45/100 clips sandwiched into the older thread with '67 replica clips IIRC.

rockstah
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by rockstah » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:01 pm

Flames1950 wrote:The '66 JTM45/100 was built on the same aluminum chassis as the '67 and '68 clones....and those clones sucked George dry. I'd guess a total of five JTM45/100's got built before those ran out, George's prototype, mine and I think Mike did three......
Then the steel chassis run was in, and George wanted to do block-end ali chassis for the JTM45/100's like the '66 he got....so there's no aluminum chassis currently left for any more of these bad boys......

There was one or two JTM45/100 clips sandwiched into the older thread with '67 replica clips IIRC.
yer giving me ideas of what i coudl do with my one alum chassis - since i have two steel chassis's now ;.)

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:08 pm

Too late....you cut the hole for the top-mounted cap. :P :P :P

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Flames1950 wrote:Too late....you cut the hole for the top-mounted cap. :P :P :P
well i could do like i see in some old marshall shots where they have like a round plate they placed over the hole with two screws ? ;)

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:22 pm

well i could do like i see in some old marshall shots where they have like a round plate they placed over the hole with two screws ?
I cant believe your mania for accuracy could abandon you here!

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:27 pm

Billy Batz wrote:
well i could do like i see in some old marshall shots where they have like a round plate they placed over the hole with two screws ?
I cant believe your mania for accuracy could abandon you here!
it could work - i have been trying to figure out the last amps made with alum chassis - seems sketchy on what that actually is.... but again i will probably leave my " first" build intact working on map #2 atm - but now im going back and forth between a 67 and 68 :)