Michael Schenker

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

awangotango
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Michael Schenker

Post by awangotango » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:03 pm

believe me i'm not denying the killer tone in cleveland, but the 220v shows are different/sweeter, and I firmly believe it's the cycles/second voltage

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Oh I agree......there has to be something to it. The Scorpions used to bring there own generators with them to tour with over here.......They said it was like night and day how the different voltages/taps affected their Marshalls.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

awangotango

Post by awangotango » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:17 pm

exactly, and I guess you would need a generator because I've tried just doing the voltage step up thing and it didn't do it. Cerre m or amperex over at plexipalace I believe clued us in to the difference likely being the cycles/sec. The problem is short of a generator perhaps, there is no way to 'get there from here'. At least I stumbled on the RIC cone though and it does an approximation of that smoothing/scheen affect that I hear with the EU voltage although I'm gonna die an incomplete man without ever playing on the right voltage for my marshalls

awangotango

Post by awangotango » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:11 pm

michael recently talked about how ron nevison really brought out some magic in the studio and had him spending 3/4 of studio time on tuning. as i've always felt, this is the factor in tone, as much or more than the amp. and then in that sense, the tone shapes the notes and songs. say no to electronic tuning!

about 3/4 the way through interview..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJrG5xBCsKg

awangotango

Post by awangotango » Thu May 07, 2015 2:00 am

caught schenker the other night. great shot here. man what a show ! great tone, playing fantastic these days. what is he 60+ . outstanding. if you haven't gone out and stood in front of his stack, get movin'! it's a beautiful thing. this is about show # 10 for me since the 90's. everytime a small club. nothing like a small club to see herman and mike.

the mighty underated herman rarebell on drums ! one of the best kick drums and hihaters ever. totally unique feel he's got

enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45FSwNsxOWA

also caught jake e recently as well with his new new singer. the fender EVH has no tone compared to his marshall. shame. otherwise he's playing fantastic and the new singer's his best choice yet by far even though he was still learning the lyrics

JiMB

Post by JiMB » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Bumping this up for Michael's tastey phrasing on the latest disc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUT7NuAnH4Y

Holgar

Post by Holgar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:54 am

RememberNow

Post by RememberNow » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:36 am

Well who didn't stay up all night consistently playing to Strangers in the Night Live record?