Mark Hitt- Rat Race Choir

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:27 pm

NY Chief wrote:Man, I've been saving this shit all morning.

Carly, here's Zebra with the LI Philharmonic. Is that George Cintron on guitar????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0bUl0Gwujk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes! I've checked out all the RRC, Mark Hitt and Cintron YouTube clips.

Wonder what happened to Tony Bruno.
Last edited by carlygtr56 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:21 pm

carlygtr56 wrote:

Carly, here's Zebra with the LI Philharmonic. Is that George Cintron on guitar????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0bUl0Gwujk

You remember a Hendrix band from Huntington called Sky Church? Around '74. I believe the guitarist was named Gary Saint. They knew him on RT 110 in Huntington in that small store next to the Sam Ash. Murphys Music.

This guy was doing the Jimi shit awesome in '74
Cintron clips? Shit. I'm gonna be on youtube all fukin day! :D

Been to Murphy's too many times! But don't remember Gary. Shit, you, me and fillmore must have crossed paths a thousand times!

I was good friends with Tony!!! And, you'll never believe this... I worked with his dad, Lenny for years! Lenny is the greatest, a dead ringer for Tony. Tony was a major player, did EVH to the tits back then. One day my Boss tells me we have a new Tool Designer starting tomorrow and I'll be in late so show him around and get him settled. The guy walks in and I can't put my finger on how I know him. I'm about 20, he's about 60. I ask him Lenny BRUNO?, do you have a son named Tony?" He says, hey you know my son, ANTNEE? He says if I had a blonde wig I'd look just like him, huh? Pretty cool. Len was as good at tool design as Tony was a musician. Get this Len, invented the shower massage! He had 3 boys, Rocco, Tony and ?? Rocco was the drummer and Len tested the shower massage output pattern on Rocco's snare drum! Rocco wasn't happy!
Len sold the patent to Moen for 10K 'cuz he was out of work and had to feed the boys...

Last I know Tony was in Hollywood doing studio work. He toured with Michael Bolton IIRC.
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:01 pm

NY Chief wrote:
carlygtr56 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0bUl0Gwujk

You remember a Hendrix band from Huntington called Sky Church? Around '74. I believe the guitarist was named Gary Saint. They knew him on RT 110 in Huntington in that small store next to the Sam Ash. Murphys Music.

This guy was doing the Jimi shit awesome in '74
Cintron clips? Shit. I'm gonna be on youtube all fukin day! :D

Been to Murphy's too many times! But don't remember Gary. Shit, you, me and fillmore must have crossed paths a thousand times!

I was good friends with Tony!!! And, you'll never believe this... I worked with his dad, Lenny for years! Lenny is the greatest, a dead ringer for Tony. Tony was a major player, did EVH to the tits back then. One day my Boss tells me we have a new Tool Designer starting tomorrow and I'll be in late so show him around and get him settled. The guy walks in and I can't put my finger on how I know him. I'm about 20, he's about 60. I ask him Lenny BRUNO?, do you have a son named Tony?" He says, hey you know my son, ANTNEE? He says if I had a blonde wig I'd look just like him, huh? Pretty cool. Len was as good at tool design as Tony was a musician. Get this Len, invented the shower massage! He had 3 boys, Rocco, Tony and ?? Rocco was the drummer and Len tested the shower massage output pattern on Rocco's snare drum! Rocco wasn't happy!
Len sold the patent to Moen for 10K 'cuz he was out of work and had to feed the boys...

Last I know Tony was in Hollywood doing studio work. He toured with Michael Bolton IIRC.

This guy Gary was the shit. I only had a few years in with the guitar, and we went to see his band SkyChurch in '74...at a place called the Sting.

I still got a cassette recording of it. The guy had it down back then.
'68 small box Marshall, Strat, Fuzz Face, wah and Phase 90.

A few years later, in a different band.....he was a different player. Not as good as in that Hendrix band '74. Probably fried.

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:53 pm

carlygtr56 wrote:[
A few years later, in a different band.....he was a different player. Not as good as in that Hendrix band '74. Probably fried.
Too many of those stories.... :?

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:24 pm

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 pm

You know I was never a big fan of the Rats though a lot of people told me that I looked a lot like Joe Franco ( a GREAT drummer, but awful ugly :? ).

The Rats played at my college in '78?, SUNY Farmingdale, and I was the music director of the radio station so I had "backstage" privileges. John had has Cat guitars on stands in the gym's bathroom. I told them they were cool and he gave me an attitude and "enlightened" me as to HIS design. "See, it's got 2 pickups called humbuckers and a volume and tone contorl for each one here. AND, it has a switch that let's me choose each pickup or both". I said "Coool..... Just like my Le Paul" :? .
What a dick he was to me that night. Then again if you were playing in the gym...

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm

NY Chief wrote:You know I was never a big fan of the Rats though a lot of people told me that I looked a lot like Joe Franco ( a GREAT drummer, but awful ugly :? ).

The Rats played at my college in '78?, SUNY Farmingdale, and I was the music director of the radio station so I had "backstage" privileges. John had has Cat guitars on stands in the gym's bathroom. I told them they were cool and he gave me an attitude and "enlightened" me as to HIS design. "See, it's got 2 pickups called humbuckers and a volume and tone contorl for each one here. AND, it has a switch that let's me choose each pickup or both". I said "Coool..... Just like my Le Paul" :? .
What a dick he was to me that night. Then again if you were playing in the gym...
He can still play!! He hasnt aged either.
I knew him in the 80's when he worked at a few local music store.

He played with Tommy Bolin in '74. He actually gave me a cassette of one of the jams.

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:06 pm

New vids are up on youtube!!!

Just got this from Dave...

We have added 8 new Rat Race Choir videos on Youtube.
They are all marked as sent by OfficialRRCvids, you may have to scroll down to see them, as they are new and havent moved up on the charts yet.
Thank You All,
Dave Chmela/rrc

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:14 pm

NY Chief wrote:New vids are up on youtube!!!

Just got this from Dave...

We have added 8 new Rat Race Choir videos on Youtube.
They are all marked as sent by OfficialRRCvids, you may have to scroll down to see them, as they are new and havent moved up on the charts yet.
Thank You All,
Dave Chmela/rrc
Cool! I subscribed to Dave's vids

moneypit

Re: Mark Hitt- Rat Race Choir

Post by moneypit » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:37 pm

hey chief, as far as getting an attitude from john the cat you're lucky that's all you got. i was part of the rats road crew and i remember that gig VERY WELL. we got screwed around from the second we arrived. we played just about every college there was in those days and the farmingdale massacre remains in everyone's minds as if it was yesterday. you guys did not do ONE thing that was included in the contract that was signed , band should have walked out, but they didn't believe in doing that in those days so they played. i know john for over 35 years- if you got an attitude- YOU DESERVED IT!! i'll say no more

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:12 pm

moneypit wrote:hey chief, as far as getting an attitude from john the cat you're lucky that's all you got. i was part of the rats road crew and i remember that gig VERY WELL. we got screwed around from the second we arrived. we played just about every college there was in those days and the farmingdale massacre remains in everyone's minds as if it was yesterday. you guys did not do ONE thing that was included in the contract that was signed , band should have walked out, but they didn't believe in doing that in those days so they played. i know john for over 35 years- if you got an attitude- YOU DESERVED IT!! i'll say no more
HEY, easy pal. I was only the lowly music director on the campus radio station. I had nothing to do with the contract or arrangements. I can say that I do remember the SGA advisor wasn't very well liked and I would venture to guess that's where your beef is/was. I approached John as a fellow guitar player and had nothing to indicate that I was part of the SUNY crew. I had no idea if the band was getting screwed.

I will say that the band was excellent that night.

What the hell happened?

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:09 pm

For the record, moneypit and I exchanged some PM's and it sounds like the "braintrust" at the college really did a number on the Rats and crew. I'm not surprised knowing some of those folks...

I defer to moneypit that Gatto is not that kind of guy on his word of knowing the man for many years. I met him just that one time and he probably had reason to be bitchy from what I hear.

Anyway, water under the bridge.

And welcome to the Metro forum, moneypit!

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:29 am

NY Chief wrote:For the record, moneypit and I exchanged some PM's and it sounds like the "braintrust" at the college really did a number on the Rats and crew. I'm not surprised knowing some of those folks...

I defer to moneypit that Gatto is not that kind of guy on his word of knowing the man for many years. I met him just that one time and he probably had reason to be bitchy from what I hear.

Anyway, water under the bridge.

And welcome to the Metro forum, moneypit!

Cool someone who knows John G is here at Metro!
Moneypit, tell John, Carl from Musicland says hello.

I'll never forget when the 7 string guitars first came out. One was hanging on the wall in Musicland in Lindenhurst, and I said to john, what's the point or WTF do you do with that?
He took that 7 string off the wall and starting playing some jazz utilizing the extra low B string for walking bass lines. :lol:
Always talked gear and I always asked him a million questions! I defered to him.....he was a bit older and KNEW his shit. Always a nice dude as well.

When I mentioned one day, I had a collector tape with him on it. It was a Good Rats/ Tommy Bolin/ Carmine Appice jam on Billy Cobham's Stratus. Even WBAB would play it as a rare tape.........John said he had the same lineup jamming from the night before. A tape NOBODY had, and he made me a copy, knowing I was a collector.

great guy, great player.

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:58 am

Musicland!?!!?! :D

I bought a Tascam 388 there when they first came out. (Around '88 I'm guessing...) It was one of the first 8 track machines on 1/4" tape with a built in console! A whole 8 tracks, 4 more then we had been working with!!! :D Paid a lot of dough for that thing and now you can't give them away ($200 on ebay right now) Never did get it to sound real good. What was I thinking, 8 tracks on 1/4" tape....???? :oops:

Dumped it for an Otari 8 track on 1/2" tape...

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am

NY Chief wrote:Musicland!?!!?! :D

I bought a Tascam 388 there when they first came out. (Around '88 I'm guessing...) It was one of the first 8 track machines on 1/4" tape with a built in console! A whole 8 tracks, 4 more then we had been working with!!! :D Paid a lot of dough for that thing and now you can't give them away ($200 on ebay right now) Never did get it to sound real good. What was I thinking, 8 tracks on 1/4" tape....???? :oops:

Dumped it for an Otari 8 track on 1/2" tape...

I knew the owner Mike Fallen very well. Basically cause I was in there almost every day!