TNT's Ronni Le Tekrø and his Marshall sound

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

fgurdian

TNT's Ronni Le Tekrø and his Marshall sound

Post by fgurdian » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Does anybody remembers Ronni Le Tekro? He was (is?) the guitarist of Norway's great pop metal band TNT. Back in the mid 80's he got a very good tone out of his 68-69 plexi, as heard on the album Knights of the New Thunder. They never made it big in the US, but I remember even George Lynch saying that he was after his tone in some guitar magazine interview. Here is a video that actually got some rotation on MTV at the time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9v55HeFcjo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Enjoy and tell me what you think of his tone!

Tone Slinger

Re: TNT's Ronni Le Tekrø and his Marshall sound

Post by Tone Slinger » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:31 am

Yep, I've still got an old '86 or '87 Guitar Wold interview with him. I really liked his neck single coil tone. He said they (single coil) was custom made in Italy. He said he liked a Seymour Duncan 'Custom' hb'er in the bridge.

Ronnie had his old plexi superleads modded (probably an additional gain stage in the preamp circuit, ala Jose, and Lee Jackson) by someone in Norway or Sweden I think.

Recent footage shows that he can still jam very well. He hasnt aged badly at all, and still gets great tone out of his amps (I believe he's using newr Marshall DSL's ?). I also like the fact that he still has his floyd's installed 'top mounted', the old school way 8) .
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

fgurdian

Post by fgurdian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:54 pm

His playing is still in great shape. I saw him in a recent show and he had a 2203, a Sovtec, Crates and B-52s. His modded plexi SLs are kept at his studio in Norway. During the 80's he was a VH fan. I agree that is really cool that he has his floyd top mounted. I hate recessed floyd cavities! :x

Kennetiversen
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Kennetiversen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:24 am

If you want i could ask the guy who modded his 2203 and boss od-1 for the specs:)
Kennet Iversen

fgurdian

Post by fgurdian » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:22 am

Thanks Kennetiversen! That would be awesome!! I am a huge fan of Ronni and his sound!

plexified

Post by plexified » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:19 am

try some 10 through 20 millisecond delay on the signal , the Le Tekro sauce . EVH liked 10 -12 for his gig in the later days . I liked 18 for some Ready to Leave or 10k Lovers . The Live Japan show is cool , you can see how Ronnie holds back more than most of the players ! He can burn and he has some classical chops with a nice harmony element . Good songwriter too .

fgurdian

Post by fgurdian » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:28 am

Thans plexified! I am going to try that "sauce" for sure!

plexified

Post by plexified » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Dude , how is that sauce working out ? I know its enough for you to be "away" from the Metro for a while :lol:

jnew

Post by jnew » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:19 pm

I was very intrigued with this guy for a long time. Saw him at a little rock club in Orange Co, CA in the late 80's when they were supporting the "Intuition" LP. Don't exactly remember how it came about but we were backstage talking about his amps which were JCM 800's for those shows. His english was rough then but he did give me the # to the guy who modded them which was in Trondheim Norway. I called him but it just wasn't gonna happen. He spoke no english. :lol: I think it was about a week later, I also saw him at the Palace in Hollywood. Both shows, they were SO polished and solid. Some of the best memories of live acts was with that band. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Roe
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Roe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:38 am

he's been using 2203s lately, running the 230v wall voltage into the 240v primary
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39