Any Love for Adrian Smith

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

landers5150
Just the numbers in order: 7

Any Love for Adrian Smith

Post by landers5150 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Any one hear dig Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden. Definitely the best guitarist of the bands line up. A fantastic solo writter and has also done some great songs, not just in Maiden but also in Bruce Dickenson solo work.

He has great guitar tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqSyJRBonZM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tone Slinger

Re: Any Love for Adrian Smith

Post by Tone Slinger » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:58 pm

I think that Adrian continued to grow, to the point that he is, indeed, the better guitarist in Maiden (though that 'janick' guy is great at times). It's funny though, 'cause Murry was WAY better up to the late '80's. Murry, imo, layed down SEMINAL solo's back in the day, but Smith is currently the better soloist. I agree that Adrians tone is also better today. He always got a great midrange bite. He has more chops now than he had in the early to mid '80's for sure.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

landers5150

Post by landers5150 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:03 pm

I see your point but Murray has played the same solo for the last 30 years, very good improv player.

Adrian Smith thinks his solos out to suit the songs and is now very good, very broad range of techneques.

Jannick's solos are mostly awful.

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:28 pm

I saw them over a decade ago when they first became a three-guitar group; Great show, but I left when they put Bruce Dickenson up on a cross like Jesus onstage (I'm open-minded, but hey...)

Anyway, I have the Guitar Legends issue where they break down their rigs & was pleased to see they all used JMP-1 preamps into Marshall power amps. Among my other Marshall and Metro gear I have the preamp and a couple of the first-run power amps w/ EL-34's (9005's I think).

I run the the JMP-1 preamp into the front end of a Marshall Class 5 combo for midnight jam sessions with a El Capistan in the effects loop of the preamp so I can blend it in parallel. Awesome tone for bedroom metal or classic rock. :rock: