Yet another 45/100

Detailed assembly steps separated into threads.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Yet another 45/100

Post by AJW » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 pm

I just finished a JTM 45/100 build. I used Brian Wallace's chassis so I used his transformers too. The front panel is from Sparky, back panel and the bulk of the parts from Valvestorm, Mojo '66 spec cabinet with VOX style vents, Takman CF resistors, and Sozo vintage caps. I made the boards myself with Watts tube audio materials and tools. I threw in an extra turret in case I want to split the cathodes on V1, but I don't think I want to mess with it now that I've fired it up. I used Larry's grounding scheme and it is very quiet. This thing sounds awesome! :jimi:

Thank you George, Larry, Robert from Valvestorm, Brian Wallace, Sparky, and everyone else that made this possible or inspired me in some way. :rock:

Here are some photos: http://photobucket.com/AJWs_45-100

BoogieEngineer

Re: Yet another 45/100

Post by BoogieEngineer » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:56 am

Sorry for the necropost but this is really nice looking build. Would you let me know your email so I could ask you about the bill of materials, or if you don't mind could you post it here? Thanks!

AJW

Post by AJW » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks, nice to get a reply to my March post! Almost all of the parts are from Valvestorm's 45/100 checklist. The tubes, Sozo Vintage caps, and Takman resistors were probably the only things sourced elsewhere. If you have any questions you can post them here (or PM me).

It's on my bench ready for a Zero Loss FX loop install. I hate to mess with it because it's my current favorite, but Steve's loop is great. I have one in my original Metro kit build as well (which is now a 2203).

BoogieEngineer

Post by BoogieEngineer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks buddy. Have you installed the PPIMV? If you have what's the result? I don't think I'd need an FX loop but a MV or attenuator.

AJW

Post by AJW » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:11 pm

I don't feel the need for a PPIMV because I use an Alex attenuator with it. I would only install one if I needed something in between the fixed settings on the Alex. That could be a possibility, and I have the parts collected to do that. The Alex sounds good if you were thinking of buying an attenuator, and it's not as expensive as some. A PPIMV is way cheaper though.

BoogieEngineer

Post by BoogieEngineer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:42 pm

AJW wrote:I don't feel the need for a PPIMV because I use an Alex attenuator with it. I would only install one if I needed something in between the fixed settings on the Alex. That could be a possibility, and I have the parts collected to do that. The Alex sounds good if you were thinking of buying an attenuator, and it's not as expensive as some. A PPIMV is way cheaper though.
Yea a Lar/Mar is like 10 bucks in parts. I'll get it installed first to see if I'll like the result.

Big Mike
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Big Mike » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Do you notice any difference going in with the takman's verses regular CF resistors?
Metroamp kit JMP50 - CM OT
Metroamp JTM45 turned JMP50 w/Classictone OT
Marshall 2550 Jubilee