Hendrix and 6l6 or 6ca7 ?

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

basile865
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by basile865 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:13 pm

Also, I think Jimi might've even regretted being known for being mr. "wild man" because when he wanted to get serious about performing music, idiots would call out "do foxy lady!" do purple haze! etc. They were there to see "Jimi Hendrix, a wild crazy man who lights guitars on fire and I've heard crazy stories about" and thats not who he truly was at all I dont think. He just had to play that role to break out onto the scene.

Thats one thing I really respect about derek trucks, he's all about the music and playing on the edge of his ability and soul, not impressing the audience with being a clown.

People who are only known for that kind of stuff come out real strong and burn out fast like a shooting star. Sex appeal, or fastest/loudest whatever "est" are one trick ponies. Not only that but the public will eat you up and spit you back out. Then you look like a has been trying to keep their attention when you cant accept that its just over, like Madonna haha.

When you really become a master of your craft, it doesn't matter what you look like or how eccentric you are because you're respected for your ability. In most cases, most of what those people look like, dress like or whatever becomes "cool" to the public, when in reality, the only thing thats cool about that person is that they said fuck whats popular, and they did their own thing and became great at it.

Freedom
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Freedom » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:56 pm

basile865 wrote:Also, I think Jimi might've even regretted being known for being mr. "wild man" because when he wanted to get serious about performing music, idiots would call out "do foxy lady!" do purple haze! etc. They were there to see "Jimi Hendrix, a wild crazy man who lights guitars on fire and I've heard crazy stories about" and thats not who he truly was at all I dont think. He just had to play that role to break out onto the scene.
It was part of the game...everytime i watch the Monterey DVD, i don't know...its like its kind of embarrassing you know, way more of a show than music (nice sound though :D ) doing all this monkey stuff...but i am glad he did what he did because i am pretty sure we wouldn't know about him otherwise...

Still as you've written, thats something he regretted later in his life, he just wanted to play his music in a kind of spiritual way...

I remember the first time i watched the BOG footage...i had heard the LP 2500 times and i always imagined Jimi do his gimmicks when playing Machine Gun and so forth...and i was shocked when i saw him just stand and play...i mean darn, just stand and play and you can see he is actually not "there", he is inside his own world just playing his music...
Freedom of Music <=> Music of Freedom