cool tribute gypsy blood

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

cool tribute gypsy blood

Post by Xplorer » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:35 pm

found this nice one,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtbDhGaQ ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXNXYtwwF4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

somethin'else

Re: cool tribute gypsy blood

Post by somethin'else » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:40 am

Wow, really good! and enjoyable listening. He's got the full stack and the Fender amp on the side too! Good find! Interesting choice of guitar! Reminds me of Johnny Winter.

"I used to play strats for many years, these Steinbergers are far more advanced (stay in tune and have more frets), if Jimi would live, he would play those, I sincerely believe."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVjLfk6E ... er&list=UL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dave

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 am

yes, i really enjoy listening to him, and your video is very cool ! he's got the vibe ! with a steinberger !! btw, i wonder which model it is, cause now i want one ! ; )

and it's funny how he's not folowing the hendrix hype , things everyone is after ... a digitech univibe that doesn't sound bad !

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:36 am

Hell Yeah! He ain't scared! How 'bout his originals?

This is modern psychadelic in your face!

Dang if his originals aren't bad at all. Call 'em "throwbacks" sure, but He's got the right spirit. For a dude just laying it out there, he is Damn Chilled Out about it! :thumbsup:

This one's really nice too. There's a live version of it somewhere in his massive rotation.

He's definitely into the VISUAL aspect of music too. Jimi used to talk about sound in colors. I guess if you see and hear things that way then you must enjoy a fuller experience, eh? 8)

Cool turn on Xplorer.
:toast:
dave

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

i heard the first one before, but the second on in your links, LOOOOVE IT !!! i'd prefer to hear this music on the radio !

Izabella777

Post by Izabella777 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 am

Hi there,

I would love you to listen to his studio version of Jimi's "Gypsy blood" :

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3OO6a3oGqI>

Thanks a lot,
stay free,

Izabella

fillmore nyc

Post by fillmore nyc » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:21 am

somethin'else wrote:Interesting choice of guitar! Reminds me of Johnny Winter.
"I used to play strats for many years, these Steinbergers are far more advanced (stay in tune and have more frets), if Jimi would live, he would play those, I sincerely believe."
Xplorer wrote:yes, i really enjoy listening to him, and your video is very cool ! he's got the vibe ! with a steinberger !! btw, i wonder which model it is, cause now i want one ! ; )
Steinbergers are absolutely AWESOME. One of the best guitars I own.
Steinberger 001.JPG
(214.44 KiB) Downloaded 1398 times

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 am

Rudy told me that it has a seymour duncan inside his steinberger. i wonder how good is the cheap Spirit version, compared to the old original.. ? cause i couldn't buy the real deal unfortunately. they don't look bad, but how playable are they, and how good do they sound, if somebody could compare ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Steinberger-Spirit- ... 3369482e17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and they have a 5 strings basse too ! i always wanted a 5 strings steinberger, but well ... not the real deal. cool though and cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Steinberger-Spirit- ... 3f0cb6715e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fillmore nyc

Post by fillmore nyc » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Xplorer wrote:Rudy told me that it has a seymour duncan inside his steinberger. i wonder how good is the cheap Spirit version, compared to the old original.. ? cause i couldn't buy the real deal unfortunately. they don't look bad, but how playable are they, and how good do they sound, if somebody could compare ?
IMO, in that style of guitar, everything falls a bit short of an original Steinberger. They have KILLER necks (also big... like a '59 Les Paul), never need any adjustment once they're set up, and have seemingly endless sustain. I've never changed the pickups in mine. They're still the original EMG's, and they sound fine.

Years ago, I had a copy of an original, and I thought it was pretty good... and it WAS "pretty good". It held its own at many a jam. But once I played (and immediately bought) the real deal, there was no turning back. They feel SO friggin' SOLID, its ridiculous.

Any of the copies are not gonna have the construction (a graphite and carbon fiber mix) of an original. Most of them are simply made of wood, shaped to look like an original. Playability on a copy is just as much of a crap shoot as any wood guitar. Its either good, or its not. There isnt the consistency of an original. The few that I've played (and the one that I own) are consistent as shit. ALL of them have awesome necks, and a blistering note attack and sustain. As far as sounding "vintage", thats got a lot to do with the amp, but an original Steinberger is about as far from vintage as you can get. Its NOT to say that you cant get warm, fat tones out of one (as evidenced by the "Gypsy Blood" clip posted by Xplorer), but that guitar is an animal unto itself.

My brother-in-law, who is a GREAT player absolutely HATES Steinbergers. He just CANNOT get used to the headless thing. I dunno... maybe Im more open minded, but I love it. You could play the fucker underwater, and nothing would affect it, and it'll ALWAYS play like a monster.
I dont think I would want it as the ONLY guitar I own, but IMO, its extraordinarily cool in its uniqueness, and sounds and plays absolutely amazing.
I give it a BIG thumbs up.
:thumbsup:

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:50 pm

fillmore nyc wrote:
somethin'else wrote:Interesting choice of guitar! Reminds me of Johnny Winter.
Xplorer wrote:yes, i really enjoy listening to him, and your video is very cool ! he's got the vibe ! with a steinberger !! btw, i wonder which model it is, cause now i want one ! ; )
Steinbergers are absolutely AWESOME. One of the best guitars I own.
Steinberger 001.JPG
NICE, fillmore! Who'da thunk it? You got one! I've never held one in my hands, ever, but always wanted to. Those and the Parker Flys ('cept PFs have the graphite going on). I also never knew that they were truly Maple/Mahogany etc. Wow. With J.Winter and Rudy blazing the Hendrix on 'em (and you-know-who stripey guitar guy also giving them a spin), I'm definitely gonna keep my eyeballs peeled. It's total modern gangster gunslinger when you see Johnny Winter with it. I've always loved that about him.
Izabella777 wrote:Hi there,

I would love you to listen to his studio version of Jimi's "Gypsy blood" :

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3OO6a3oGqI>

Thanks a lot,
stay free,

Izabella
Thanks Izabella777. Rudy represents the music with the real soul from where the music came. And his videos are a treat for the eyes as well as the ears.
dave

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:08 pm

i think i'd like to see what you're talking about , concerning johnny winter, cause i didn't understand everything you wrote in english, i'm sorry. does he play steinbergers ?
about rudy, well, i almost never say that, but i have his gipsy blood live version over and over in my head since days now ; ) that's a good sign ! i wouldn't say that his words and singing are the best, but his singing has soul, it's simple, simple access to his soul, and that's not bad.

fillmore nyc

Post by fillmore nyc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:08 pm

somethin'else wrote:NICE, fillmore! Who'da thunk it? You got one! I've never held one in my hands, ever, but always wanted to. Those and the Parker Flys ('cept PFs have the graphite going on). I also never knew that they were truly Maple/Mahogany etc. Wow. With J.Winter and Rudy blazing the Hendrix on 'em (and you-know-who stripey guitar guy also giving them a spin), I'm definitely gonna keep my eyeballs peeled. It's total modern gangster gunslinger when you see Johnny Winter with it. I've always loved that about him.
Xplorer wrote:i think i'd like to see what you're talking about , concerning johnny winter, cause i didn't understand everything you wrote in english, i'm sorry. does he play steinbergers ?
about rudy, well, i almost never say that, but i have his gipsy blood live version over and over in my head since days now ; ) that's a good sign ! i wouldn't say that his words and singing are the best, but his singing has soul, it's simple, simple access to his soul, and that's not bad.
Actually, Johnny plays an Erlewine Lazer. it looks similar to a Steinberger, but I believe those guitars are made of wood. To be perfectly honest, as much as I love JW, I never liked his tone with that guitar. There is a BIG diff between those and his Firebirds, or in his earlier days, when he played a Fender Electric 12, strung with 6 strings.
images.13.jpg
images.13.jpg (6.95 KiB) Viewed 2460 times

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:16 pm

oh yeah ! i see what you mean ! mean town blues at woodstock, with this 12 strings guitar. a pure wonder ...
i used to know a friend of johnny and edgar, who played with them in the beginning, and he sent me a great collection of early johnny winters... cool stuff !

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:35 pm

:palm: i so don't know nothin'! THANKS for clearing that up fillmore! But ok, I have to agree on the Firebird & 12-string Winter as well. Though I like "his switch to that weird guitar" he did load it down with tons of chorus/flange didn't he? Little did I know. Hey maybe I just thought it was tough that he'd fancy such an instrument, for whatever his own reasons.

:toast:
dave